The disfellowshipping of JWdoctrine

by jwdoctrine 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

It's been a long way coming. After 49 years as a Jehovah's Witness 3 of which in prison as a conscientious objector under very harsh conditions I have finally disassociated myself. For the past 2 years, I have been partaking from the emblems and that led to an intense persecution, harassment, online stalking and defamation of character. As one of them put it "now that you have partaken from the emblems things have changed(meaning more persecution)".I was summoned last week to a judicial committee being charged for apostasy.I left with a bang and with my head high. This is my judicial committee that let to my departure

The Disfellowshipping of JWdoctrine

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Good for you JDoc!

Welcome to your life.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I’m sorry you had to go through that.. it was very courageous of you to share.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you JWdoctrine for sharing this judicial hearing. You handled yourself well and in the Spirit of Christ. I disagree with your scriptural analysis but more important is the fact that there is no freedom in the WTS to hold contrary views on any subject.

I hope that you are happy with your decision to disassociate and that your family is still intact.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That was very ''courageous'' and enlightening for you to share. Thanks.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It takes courage and bit of integrity to leave the JWS cult and this religious organization's many false doctrines.

You simply cant be a true Christian and be a JWS.

• Listener
    Listener

Thank you for recording your JC and sharing it with us.

Regarding doctrine that you share with the Elders I hadn't considered before that they teach that the Alpha and Omega, Jesus, had no existence for three and a half days.

The Elders got themselves tied up with what the actual transgression was. Initially they said it was sharing teachings with Brothers/the congregation that was not biblical, then it changed to teachings or the truth taught by the organization. It then became JW contra teachings or doubts shared publicly. They claim that you are a cause of stumbling to the congregation. It then proceeds to a warning that you shouldn't be on public media discussing spiritual things as it would be dangerous for you.

The funny thing is that they ask you how you know that you are discussing matters with JWs when you're on social media. Well what are they charging you with? It can't be causing divisions as they didn't seem convinced that you were even talking to JWs.

One Elder then promises you that if you repented there and then, he would be happy to go out witnessing with you the very next day. For a group of Elders that say they follow organisational rule this is not how a JC operates. However, I can see how that would turn out. Had you said you were repentant and would do or not do certain things, I can see the Elders discussing the matter together and deciding that you aren't repentant and df anyway.

Regarding the cyber stalking, it would seem as if you hit a chord with them, especially since you brought up some biblical examples and is probably the reason why they weren't going to df if you co-operated with them.

It was quite an extraordinary JC. It was sad to hear the extent that they have gone to to make your life a misery.

I will be interested to hear what Stuckinarut has to say regarding the cyber stalking since he had a small incident that he mentioned a few days ago. It's real and you're right, if they keep attacking JWs for things posted on social media they will self destruct (albeit slowly). The GB has to accept that if they're going to come out and say that they are not perfect or infallible then some leeway must be given to JWs in expressing doubts or different thoughts.

They acknowledged that you are an intelligent person, more clever than they are. However, due to their uncompromising policies of expecting perfection from followers all they will be left with in their organization are people who are more interested in the social aspects rather than the educational aspects. If they are going to have witch hunts and subject followers to court judicials then the future will only continue to look bad for them.

• Chook
    Chook

I hope you can move on from this destructive cult which you were born into. It is evil to the core and is a culture of spying on each other so as to retain control. May your life be blessed by trying to forget about its influence. Good luck friend.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Congratulations JWdoctrine. My best wishes to you on your new life

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

There’s no point trying to reason with they who are committed to their slavery to men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit