Fate?

by darkuncle29 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

yes, but how does this explain the toothbrushes?...I have one as proof...

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Cybersista..Did you ask yourself the questions I posted about the t.brush story? Did you ever look for a brush like his before seeing or hearing about his? If not then it is possible that youv'e been in locations before that carried the style without taking note because your mind had no reason to. Secondly does this sort of coincedence happen often or seldom as would be expected by random probability. Then again maybe it is not as random as you think, perhaps the two stores in America are connected by a wholesaler. Even by your recollection the brushes were found by two different people weeks apart so this demonstrates the mind's hunger to take unconnected events and associate them giving the person the sensation of familiarity and coincedence. IMO this is not even a good example of a coincedence, tho to you it is an amazing one. This emphasises again the role of perception.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Well, there is still think there is a possibility it was a "brush" with fate--after all anything is possible, right?. (My friend had purchased his brush in Europe years before and it was right after he told me about it that I experienced 2 unrelated brushes with the brushes.) Heck no it probably wasn't fate, but most likely a wormhole or toothbrush vortex we fell into that week.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The whole problem with you peacefulP is that you just make too much sense plus you are so logical and scientific, which means you don't have enough faith to believe in my truthbrushes, or was that fate and toothbrushes? Wait a minute I am gettting confused here so that means I must be right and you must be wrong!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Fate is basically surrendering any control you have on your life. No, I don't believe in it.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Well, since I am rather new around here and don't want anybody to get the wrong idea....So to clarify, I don't really believe in the whole fate thing nor do I believe in toothbrush vortexes. When I was a JW I was always very confused by the fact that we were out searching for people with the right heart condition, so it seemed to me that these ones were already predestined with the right heart condition--like it was born in them already, so then why did we have to look for them if God already knows who they are? While the WT said they didn't believe in the whole fate thing--what was this all about? This past year when and elder and a circuit overseer tried to "encourage me." (Nice job boys, I felt like throwing myself off a cliff after that little talk.) One of the "nicer" things they said to me was that I had been shaken out of the nations--in other words I was one of the few privleged ones who had been chosen from the whole of humankind. So, if this is the case as with so many others, why was I then tossed away after 20 years of faithful service? Does God at one time recognize we have a good heart and that we are predestined to serve him and then later decide we have a bad heart conditon? As usual you toss a little logic and reason into the formula and the whole WT doctrine makes no sense at all.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Cybersista..i remember having similar feelings. I since learned that the doctrine that cult members are selected by God (the force, whatever) is typical and is effective in isolating the memebers from the world outside the cult/group. It also justifies arrogance. It targets those with low self esteem. Once within the group those with serious doubts are then assumed to have themselves severed the link that drew them in the first place. The result is a crushing blow to the ego and feelings of dispair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit