Ran into "bible student" , told by Sis. Holy" SHE WAS NOT GONNA MAKE IT"..

by LyinEyes 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Today at the grocery store , I ran into a lady that has been studying with the JW's for years,,,,,,,, I mean 10 years or more. She was a prostitute, a crack addict, you name it this lady did it. She is 40 something at least and is raising her two youngest children, 3 and 4 yrs. old. She has, as far as I know not been a prostitute and not a drug dealer, which is very common in the area she used to live in,for several years now.

Honestly, this lady IMO , only studied with this one Sis. Holy, ( P.O."s wife ) because if she studied with her, this Sis. would do things for her, like help her to the stores, take her to the doctor etc. ( all the while as we know,,,,,,,,,,counting her time!!!!!!!!!!)

I haven't seen this lady in 3 yrs or so, and she was shocked that I went up to her and hugged her , and even remembered her. I told her of course I remembered her, I had been to her house with Sis. Holy, even when she was never there for the studies.......lol.

We went thru alot of small talk about kids,,,,,,,,,,,she was wondering if my oldest son would even remember her , and I told her of course he would, he never forgets anyone. She felt happy to know that we still thought about her. I told her I haven't been associated with the witnesses for at least 2 yrs. and she said,,,,,,,,,well I haven't been to a meeting in 3 yrs.

She told me that her mother had a massive stroke and was bound to the bed, and she had to take care of her , in her home, and the two small children( she has grandkids older than these two she had later in life) .

When her mother first had her stroke ,Sister Holy , went by and told her........ that if she didnt get back to meetings and her study............." she wasn't going to make it".....( meaning Armeggedon)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mouth fell open,,,,,,,,,and I said.........." OH, NO SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,SHE JUST DIDN"T SAY YOU WERE GONNA DIE DID SHE??????" ( You should see me when I get riled up about something, I get loud, and everyone can hear and see my hands talking right with my big mouth.....lol)

This lady said, yeah she did, and that she was so upset and distraut over her past..........things she did that everyone knew about, and her Mama's stroke,,,,,and then this Sister Holy giving her a death sentence, that she thought of suicide..........OMG!!!!!!!!!

I got sick to my stomach,,,, I asked this lady,,," well who put Sister Holy as the judge of you"????

I said you know what, I am not sure what I believe as in everything I was taught before, but if I do go to the scriptures............we only have salvation by the Grace of God, Jesus...........we do the best we can, if we make mistakes,,,,,,,,which we will,,,,,,,,we move on and do for others, and be the best we can be. Salvation is by the Grace of God, and a gift , no pioneering or preaching is going to win you the prize. We accept Jesus as our Savior and we do the best we can with our lives.

I am saying this all the while, not knowing for sure why I am saying this, but this lady is a believer of Jesus and if I have a grain of faith ,I hope I can stand up for that Gift . I feel for me it is a matter of time, healing and study , before I can truly cleanse the palate of the lies I was taught in order to start with real truth from a fresh.

She thanked me for saying that , because that is what she thought too. She told me even thou I was an elders wife, that when I used to talk to her or go by the house, I never was judgemental, that I always said you just do what you can. I told her that even back then,,,,,,, I knew that something was quite wrong with the religion I was in, I just didn't know it exactly as I do now.

She cried and hugged me and I told her about another church she might look into,,,,,,,,,,a non -denominational church that really helps the community.........abused women, children, the poor , homeless and hungry. She said I wasn't the first person to tell her about this place and that she would look into that for sure.

I told her that if I were her,,,,,,,, I would stay away from the JW's and do not listen to Sister Holy,,,,,,,she is not your judge,,,,,,,,,how dare she make a judgement on if you survive God's judgement.

All in all,,,,,,,,,, I felt like I was doing a reverse JW informal preaching episode. It was like I just had to say these things to this woman or I wouldnt be able to sleep at night.

I hope that she passes the word on to all those she knows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,including and especially Sister Holy,,,,,,,,,because I feel it is important to stop the JW's in their tracks!!!!!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Dede, you are one special lady.

I bumped into one girl who I used to give witness too myself a year ago. It was fun undoing all that the witnesses had been trying to talk her into for two years - in one hour. And it was a relief, cuz I felt I finally made up for some of the damage ...

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

That is exactly it, Viv,,,,,,,,,,,undoing the damage. This post was not only me trying to undo damage done, but to expose how far the JW's are going with their doom and destruction scare tactics.

They use the vulnerable times someone is going thru,,,,,,,in this case this lady's mother's massive stoke, and then threw that statement on her plate as well.

The lady told me she taught of suicide,,,,,,,,,,again, not trying to repeat myself, but as you know my own mother committed suicide because she felt she was letting Jehovah down, her guilt was more than she could bare. So when this lady told me that , I of course got very passionate about ........." who the hell do the JW's think they are, in judging ...RANT RANT.....RANT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And OH it felt GOOD to rant and rave!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Wow! What a sad example of mock "Love of neighbor" the JWs have become known for!

"So whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free. For there will be no mercy for you if you have not been merciful to others. But if you have been merciful, then God's mercy toward you will win out over his judgment against you." -James 2:12.13

• Richie
    Richie

Wow LyinEyes, you actually gave a proper witness to this lady by telling her that she can be saved by the grace of God and not by doing things as the Witnesses pretend to do: by works. I think that God helped you say the right thing to her and it made her tearfully joyful!

I have been taught falsehood over so many years by the Watchtower and to tell you the truth, I am actually thankful to God that I had to go through all these miserable years being a Witness only to find out that I never really had the truth to begin with, otherwise perhaps I would have never realized it. I was so miserable that I could not see a way out - I eventually started to go to a church in the neighborhood with some ex-witness friends and not long after I went on my knees and prayed and begged God to show me the real truth - by doing that He showed me what I had to do: accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior with all my heart and sincerity and confess my sins to Him. I felt so free and thankful to my God that He showed me that one can be completely forgiven by the grace of God by sincerely asking for it! Now I feel so different - I used to hate the Witnesses but not anymore - I feel so sorry for them as they are so trapped through this brainwashing method over all those years forcing them to believe that to serve God is by doing works and do "good" according to their rules and regulations. Most of my family are still involved and shun me since I was d'fd a couple of years ago - sure, I miss them very much and I will try every opportunity to see them, but as it stands now I can get the strength and love I need from Jesus Christ as he can give me the power to lift me up and cope with life. He gives you this comfort, assurance and peace in your life - it's almost like He walks with me every second of the day - remember that poem about the footprints in the sand? It's really true - He carries you over all the obstacles in your life and the Holy Spirit guides you to want to do what is right. I am eternally grateful that God has given me eternal life and will give it to anyone who will sincerely ask Him to forgive their sins and accept Him in your heart as Lord and Savior.

Thanks for the story - I hope that you can continue to help her with the comfort and real truth from the scriptures and show that God gives unconditional love - she'll be your friend forever!

Richie :*)

• shamus
    shamus

Lyineyes,

Good for you!

Why do witnesses avoid the scripture not to judge one another? How dare they judge they're works as being special to god, when it is just the opposite.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thanks for the replies sweeties,,,,,,,,,,,I just had to share that little experience, like it was such an exposing of the JW mock love.

You know when we were JW's they always said you would get this over powering feeling to stand up and speak, and the words would come to you, you wouldnt have fear? Well that never happened to me, I hated to talk to people out in field service about our beliefs, I was fine talking about their garden, or anything eles. I just never got that sudden urge to stand out and say something if I were in the grocery store, like I did last nite.

I just couldnt keep my mouth shut about how awful it was that she was treated that way,,,,,,,,,to the point of wanting to die??????? My goodness, it just makes me more ashamed to have ever been associated with the JW's. I am glad to know that she felt that I was different even back then.

I am sure it is going to get back to Sis. Holy, and I am soooo happy about that.

This lady told me that she was going to tell her friends and family about the non denominational church and would look into it, so maybe if they go there they will stay out of the kingdom hall.........lol..

• sf
    sf

Dede,

You have come so far in past two years, from the about.com days. I've watched you as an active jw there and how you progressed to this point as an exjw. It is truly inspiring.

sKally, 'PB' KLASS

• Puternut
    Puternut

LyinEyes,

That's a horrible but yet a true account what goes on sometimes. I have heard similar stories, and couldn't believe what gives certain JW's the authority to speak in behalf of the Creator in that way. Quite a few of them have placed themselves as God's appointed judges, and it makes me pukey to my stomach.

At least you were kind and loving toward this person, so I'll call you TrueEyes instead.

Puternut

• shotgun
    shotgun

LyinEyes your just your just kickin ass everywhere lately..your gettings big tips at night and giving them out during the day...

For all who have not seen it LyinEyes receives tips at night as a waitress..honest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit