Mickey Mouse or Jesus Christ

by shotgun 24 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

The last convention I went to was about three months ago now....ahhh I remember it well...zzzzzzz

The C.O got on the stage and counseled ones to plan theocratic vacations instead of regular type hot-spot get away vacations.

He then proceeded to say many brothers spend their families vacations by taking them to Disneyland instead of a Bethel tour.(Which most children would love)

Then the topper...He says...Brothers did Mickey Mouse die for your sins or Jesus Christ...(man that was deep)

I should have stood up and yelled I thought Jesus did until I heard this Goofy talk.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Brothers did Mickey Mouse die for your sins or Jesus Christ

I'm pretty sure 'neither' is the appropriate answer.

The best conclusion to this assembly would have been to open your songbooks to Brother Prince's "Pussy Control" and sing with enthusiasim.

~Aztec

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* Aztec..that's my favorite kingdom song..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Last I heard Jesus was supposed to have died for everyone's sins... now just how did this lead to his concluding that we were not supposed to go to Disney Land?

Oh nooo! You misunderstood... I was not TELLING you what to do for a vacation... I was only making a SUGGESTION.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

New Kingdom Melody:

"Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me....

J-E-S-U-S-C-H-R-I-S-T

la la la, la la la, la la la la la la la la la la............................"

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

I remember they used to push bus tours in our kingdumb hall. My family ended up deciding to go on one of those 'vacations'... it was utter hell. We got on this old squeeky bus, and headed down to NY with tons of other JWs from surrounding halls with a stop at every burger king in site, it was a 12 hour trip. They unloaded us at a dirty Ramada Inn and the next day we went to bethel -- two hours away from the Ramada. We only had 2 hours untill we had to go, and the next stop was Patterson. Our wonderful driver didn't know that on that day visitors were not allowed untill we arrived after the 4 hour trip. We went back to the ramada, spent the night and then loaded back on for the trip home... I remember it was raining and there were leaks on the roof of the bus. Suffice to say, I didn't enjoy that trip.

• franklin J
    franklin J

MICKEY !

Mickey gets my vote! And I willingly give Mickey my money! They made my kids feel like the most important kids in the world. And you know; they make EVERYONES kids feel the same way. They are amazing.

Amazing how those folks at Disney have learned that "you can get more bees with honey than with vinegar". We willingly open our wallets, smiling, and hand over all of our money to them.

The Watchtower could learn a thing or two from those slick "businessmen" at Disney.

"Business with a smile."

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I remember they used to push bus tours in our kingdumb hall. My family ended up deciding to go on one of those 'vacations'... it was utter hell. We got on this old squeeky bus, and headed down to NY with tons of other JWs from surrounding halls with a stop at every burger king in site, it was a 12 hour trip. They unloaded us at a dirty Ramada Inn and the next day we went to bethel -- two hours away from the Ramada. We only had 2 hours untill we had to go, and the next stop was Patterson. Our wonderful driver didn't know that on that day visitors were not allowed untill we arrived after the 4 hour trip. We went back to the ramada, spent the night and then loaded back on for the trip home... I remember it was raining and there were leaks on the roof of the bus. Suffice to say, I didn't enjoy that trip.

It sounds like whoever planned that trip choose all of the cheepest options available. I'm amazed that a collective groan did not pass through the audience durring that CO's talk... followed by comments regarding bovine excrement.

• Atilla
    Atilla

I hear that Disney is in trouble and that the Watchtower organization is trying to do a hostile takeover. If this is so, maybe eventually a trip to Disney won't be so bad. Of course, Disney characters will be replaced by Bible and elder characters and ABC will just run old Watchtower videos 24/7.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    the Watchtower organization is trying to do a hostile takeover

Oh gawd... I can see it now:

New ride: It's a small territory after all

Instead of the World of Tomorrow ride, it will be The New System ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit