Spankings In The KH Bathroom

by Hunyadi 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• boa
    boa

great thread Hunyadi

i've got a very active 4 yr old boy and he gets on my nerves understandably but i'm definitely opposed to spanking. not saying never ever ever but so far haven't had to yet.

my view is that spanking generally is an ignorant and easy way out to release the parents frustration more than anything it will actually accomplish in teaching. ESPECIALLY a two year old. Any basic foray into modern knowledge on child development will quickly show infants and young children cannot be 'bad' and to tell them they are bad when discipling regardless of method is also wrong imo.

anytime i lose control and yell even at something my boy does is my own lack in understanding and self-control. to me spanking in general is violence and teaches that message whether subtly or overtly to children and later as they become adults.

i'm not saying i wouldn't give a smack on the clothed backside to 'snap him out of it if his life was in danger although i so far have been able to use forsight of such situations and/or removing him from teh danger before needing to spank

my step-f woulda gone to jail for the things he did in our family years ago imo - but no matter, even if it was today we were so controlled by him (kinda a hand-in-hand with being a jw fam) that we probly wouldn'ta squeeled to anyone. we were VERY clearly told by him that in no uncertain terms were family matters to go outside to anyone else.

thanks for letting me rant a little and all this is imoo

boa

'spank a kid a day and you'll keep the love away'

• bisous
    bisous

this topics really brings back memories for lots of us...here's another recent thread on the same line:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/65511/1027617/post.ashx#1027617

• bisous
    bisous

this topics really brings back memories for lots of us...here's another recent thread on the same line:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/65511/1027617/post.ashx#1027617

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit