A pertinent parable- who are you?

by Love_Truth 17 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I'm in the second group, have been happily for eight years

If you change the parable so it's about people stabbing themselves with different sized knives rather than eating different kinds of food, then the second group is the only sensible one.

A parable that compares religion to food is about as useful as one that compares television to oxygen.

• Xena
    Xena

The first group....eat, drink & be merry

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I wish folks would stop calling him L_T - I would hate for there to be a case of mistaken identity!

Edited to add:
    Btw, no offense intended, Love_Truth. It's just that some of your beliefs are diametrically opposed to mine, especially since I don't tend to be too dogmatic on near anything.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    1)- Those who would eat absolutely anything, regardless of what they were previously taught.

2)- Those who stopped eating, because they were so disgusted by what the group had taught them, that they abandoned all of the teachings.

3)- Those who realized that there was value in what the group had taught, and that it is both necessary to eat, and to watch what one eats, within the realm of what is known.

1. And the lord goddess deemed these of the eat drink and be merry class (do what you will, an it harm none).

2. And the horned god called these his supermodel class and they went on to earn tens of thousands of dollars in the fashion industry.

3. And the war god deemed these the gullible class, easy to turn to his ways of death, judgement and deception. And they went out to bring their new "right" way of eating to the world. Be saved or die!

bwaaahaahaahaahahahahaha

------good grief!

Gretchen

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Tell me how you feel the parable is pertinent or even relevant and then we can discuss matters further

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yeah, Love Truth, tell us how we all supposedly got it wrong.

Where are ya?

Sirona

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The third group. You have to do your own "research" or do your own thinking to discover what real truth is. It doesn't mean anything you left behind that was a teacher was completely or totally wrong. There might be some value in what you learned from them.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

P.S.- We have a few folks who feel insulted or offended by this parable. BEFORE responding, PLEASE make sure that you read and comprehend what was written, that you do not put words in my mouth when responding. Why? Because it's a parable, there 's both a moral and (somewhat, apparently) a riddle involved, and, if I make it any clearer, then it defeats it's purpose.

Here's a hint: If you think it's in error, then ask yourself what the outcome of each of those choices would be, and which group you are honestly in (it's not disparaging, it's simply your mindset) and make sure you don't jump to conclusions.

Hint #2: Read carefully- does it say that any group won't die? Or, does it say what the likelihood is, in general, that one group will have an average life expectancy that is lower than the others?

Thanks, and Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit