slimboyfat joins the Seventh Day Adventists!

by slimboyfat 34 Replies latest members private

• cofty
    cofty

Young earth creationists, biblical literalists, trinitarians.

Zero-alchohol, anti-most entertainment you can think of, anti-gay and marry only other SDAs.

Still officially wedded to every one of the 25 million words written by Ellen White the plagiarist.

Get a grip!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Wonderful that there seems to be room for discussion and disagreement.

Argue all you want dude. Here at JW ain't so bad, we can eat meat, drink coffee, and have a beer or two. We are also trying to get the gb to change the interpretation of scripture allowing more than one wife: The Bible says overseers should be a husband of one wife and that implies that those having more than one wife can't be overseers. So, good luck eating veggie burgers, salad, and drinking roasted chick peas brew in a religion guided by the teachings of some female.

• steve2
    steve2

Fisher, Ellen White may have been a woman - but at least she wasn’t a charlatan with a wandering hand with the ladies (check Chuck Russell’s wife’s case against him in divorce court) or an alcoholic loud mouth ( check biographies on Rutherford).

If the most you can say against White is her being a woman, it shows how out of touch you are with your own Bible-based misogyny.

• cofty
    cofty
    at least she wasn’t a charlatan

Yes she was. Arguably 90% of her writings were plagiarised.

• LV101
    LV101

Some good info on here I wasn't aware of. I'm sure Ellen was a nutter, too. I have a book somewhere on foods they eat and recall Ellen White having something against vinegars in salad dressings - foods with acids and it was too crazy for me.

They are fanatics about exercise and fitness. My friend who lives in the SDA community was told by SDA doctor in her running/marathon group to keep running because stopping would be worse on her health than continuing with bad knees. Of course non-adventist doctors advised her to stop running (take up/get different form of ex) or she'd soon be in a wheelchair. SDA's do have a great hospital in their famous Blue-Zone area so they do something right.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Fair plays to you SBF. At least you are actively getting out there and experiencing something YOU choose to try.

You have your own mind, your own conscience, your own choices. Something the GB can't hold captive.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I was tempted to check out other churches when I first left but I have come to believe there are ways to have a sense of community or human connection without all the religious mumbo jumbo and guilt tripping. I'm sure most church experiences start off great and friendly but I'm also sure a gardening group or cooking class would be just as lovely.

Are you still searching for the right religion?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Sounds like crazier and unstructured JW's.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just to answer a few of the questions here (and this is coming from some one who not only has a good SDA friend but has also attended the church services. I feel Ellen G White was just as wrong as C T Russell was. Many of their ideas have been proven wrong over time. Doctrinally both are wrong on so many levels. thankfully the SDA gave up end time predictions many years ago. Although they are vegetarians and do don't drink tea and coffee. I got the impression from my friend that there was a lot of room to move on this. She even offered me a cup of tea in her house. Although getting married to an SDA is encouraged. It isn't condemned. I actually asked this question while attending and was told, a sda minister could give the service (although it would be at his discression) but it wouldn't be held in the church. Marrying a none SDA certainly isn't criticized like the JWS. I think they tend to put a greater focus on the return of christ. Their services are a lot more informal, lively and interesting. I think over time the SDA church will do better than the LDS & JWS.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Seventh Day Adventist trivia:

Corn Flakes.

Dr. Kellogg was a SDA - he ran the Battle Creek Sanitarium for the SDA and invented a process to squish/flatten corn kernels into a cereal product. In other words, he developed a way to feed humans the same thing that cattle ate.

Dr Kellogg, the Seventh Day Adventist corn flake inventor, was a horribly misguided and misdirected 'man of god':

John Harvey Kellogg's Legacy of Cereal, Sociopathy, and Sexual Mutilation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit