JWs don’t break up families

by Jules Saturn 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Once when I was at my closest friend's house (in a previous congregation) he didn't sugar-coat his words when he told his 12 year old son that if he ever left "the truth," he would be put out of the house. Needless to say, a few years later the non-baptised boy "fell away," but still lives at home. What a threat to give a child!

Q. Are baptised J.W.'s allowed to ask questions?

A. Yes - depending on what the questions are about. Even then, you must accept the given answers without question.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The cult can even incite its members to kill apostates, based on some Bible verses. Why cant break up ?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

In every case when I tell someone I was once a JW they will say, they are nice people but they break up families...These are the words of folks who were never a JW...

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

These two videos are good rebuttals to that FAQ:

https://youtu.be/1isMKYBy-z8

https://youtu.be/YeEU3LX3s4o

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great video above. Thank you for sharing.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the watchtower cult doesnt break up families ?

oh...so how come my daughter has nothing to do with me ?--she lives 10 miles away. or my younger son--he lives about 150 miles away--but ive no idea where.

so how come my first wife--a fanatical born-in has nothing to do with our older son--who left the cult and started living with his wife to be--and was d/f';d for that ? fortunatley he and i have a very close relationship since i found him a few years ago--in fact i was with him and his wife yesterday---and my beautiful grandson--the only grandchild ive ever had any contact with.

i love to read about the decline of this vile cult. i just hope more people i knew many years back have managed to escape. i know a few that have.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A true devoted and dedicated Jehovah Witness is suppose to lie for the sake of Jehovah's name and his solemnly chosen earthly organization.

To not spin up positive supporting statements about his organization is in kind to bring reproach onto him and his name sake.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Search religions that break up families, JW's lead the pack.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

How many other " Christian " based religions institute a rule like that?

The WTBTS will try to justify their shunning policy based on Matthew 18:

“If your brother sins [against you], go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that ‘every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector."

So WWJD? He ate with tax collectors such asZacheus, He recruited Matthew the tax collector to be one of The Twelve! He associated with gentiles, including an oppressor of the Jews: the Roman centurion!

If you expect to convert somebody, you must engage them. Not partly, not halfheartedly, but fully engaged. You must truly be friend and family, not an adversary.

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

I'm remember going over this from the Reasoning Book during the service meeting. You shouldn't have to practice explaining things that are true. IJS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit