Pioneer Meeting

by Liberated 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberated
    Liberated

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed here.

At my daughter's pioneer meeting they were told that leaving literature in phone booths and laundromats is "littering".

Since when? Anybody else heard this?

Libby

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HHAHAHHAHAHA no way!!! that's AWESOME, I bet there are some MAD pioneers out there hahahah we loved doing laudry's ahhah

Ven

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Liberated,

I haven't heard that. Placing in phone booths is littering, I agree. As for laundomats, I can't really see a problem. If the owners give permission for free magaizines to be left how is that littering? Laundromats are a convenient way to find back issues of the W & A mags.

Are you certain this isn't a CO's pet peeve about sloppy literature placements. Afterall I thought whole tribes had become Witnesses after finding a single page from a Watchtower (in a dumpster too)which they divided up and studied every night for two years and then decided it was the Troof.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Liberated
    Liberated

Hi Venice,
    From what I heard, the pioneers were definitely disgruntled about it.
    Laundromats are their mainstay here, and rest stops.

Thirdson,
    If this isn't happening in other pioneer meetings, then maybe it is isolated to the congregations here. It could be that the pioneers here are overdoing the phone booths and laundromats. But, hey, I was one of those who picked up a wt in a phone booth.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Could the directive not to leave the mags in phone booths and laundromat be because no 'voluntary donation for the World Wide Work' would be forthcoming in these locations?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• Latte
    Latte

Phone booths and Laundromats are the places a person might need something to doodle on !! There is certainly a public need for this!!

Latte

• JT
    JT

Are you certain this isn't a CO's pet peeve about sloppy literature placements

#########
    this comment is so true- many of the rules that jw live and die by are CO and DO pet peeves and they become law

how sad

jamse

• joelbear
    joelbear

I would have never got my hours in without laundromats.

Zounds.

but this thread does make me feel better about throwing away the watchtowers that I found on benches at the shopping center i was at on Saturday.

I guess I put the litter in the right place.

hugs

Joel

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

If we keep throwing them out or taking them, then we keep those pioneers busy and feeling good about themselves!!

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I loved the comment about entire tribes being converted by a single page
    found in a dumpster.

Every year, I toss around 150 mags. I have always wondered about
    the dumpster/recycle controversy - should I save the environment, or
    should I bag and garbage them so as not to bring reproach on God's
    name. Now I know. I should gargage some of them, so that the
    sanitation workers might be saved, and I should recycle some, so that
    the paper recyclers will get a witness. I may even flush a few, just for
    the edification of those in the sewage treatment plant.

My placements just went way up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit