Can you keep a secret?

by doodle-v 20 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Carmel you are such a goof! LOL BTW please check your INBOX you have several PM's from ME!

DoodleV good question............

I'm a very loyal person and when someone asks me to keep a secret I do, however it can really be a burden and now I'm not always willing to be the keeper of secrets, BUT I let them know in advance that I don't want to be told. It works for me!

Kate

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

I never MEAN to tell. I've never told a big secret - although some smaller ones (more surprises, I guess) slipped out because I just babble and things pop out! My husband always knows what gift I've got him before he opens it because I accidentally say something about it. We're a family who likes to plan little surprises (unannounced trips, etc) and I always spoil it!

... but I've never slipped on a big secret. I do tell my husband everything, and anyone who tells me a secret knows that.

SLM

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I remember once asking my mom to relay some juicy gossip about someone in the congreagation, I had heard rumours about.

She said to me .... "Can you keep a secret?" Yes of cousre I replied. "Well so can I"

That was the end of that discussion.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yes, I can keep a secret.

My ex-sister-in-law used to tell me stuff all the time because she realized I never told and never judged her.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Depends -- I use my common sense --if there is soem good gossip I will tell my mother -- but there are things I will not tell anyone -- I would not tell and western world secrets to some terrorist scumbag for example --not even for 10 million dollars

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm not tell'in... it's a secret!

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I can keep a secret. Sometimes it's tempting to tell my husband, but I try to think how I would feel if the other person told my secret to her husband. I've been the keeper of a few secrets that will go to the grave with me!

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    Oh man doublev! You didn't tell your husband about us did you??? I've kept it a secret!

carmel

LOL!

I never MEAN to tell. I've never told a big secret - although some smaller ones (more surprises, I guess) slipped out because I just babble and things pop out! My husband always knows what gift I've got him before he opens it because I accidentally say something about it. We're a family who likes to plan little surprises (unannounced trips, etc) and I always spoil it!

... but I've never slipped on a big secret. I do tell my husband everything, and anyone who tells me a secret knows that.

Yeah same goes for me, when I slipped on a secret it was a total accident because I would just be talking and then it would slip out. I dont think i've purposely told a really big secret.

I'm a very loyal person and when someone asks me to keep a secret I do, however it can really be a burden and now I'm not always willing to be the keeper of secrets, BUT I let them know in advance that I don't want to be told. It works for me!

Good point Bikerchic! If you do tend to let things slip, especially to the wrong people, it would be a good idea to warn the person who is about to tell you something confidential. Doodle-V

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah, I suck at keeping secrets. But at least I'm honest about it...

I'm getting better about it though. Now that I'm old and jaded.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I keep secrets.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit