Can you keep a secret?

by doodle-v 20 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Are you a good keeper of secrets are are you a blabbermouth?

Has someone ever told you "you have to promise not to tell a soul!!"

Did you promise? and if you did promise did you tell anyway?

Doodle-V

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yep, I can keep a secret. But usually a person needs to tell me something is a secret. I'm a talker, so if I'm not told, it's possible I might talk about something, figuring if the person told me, it's not secret. (How convoluted was that?) Bottom line, there are a few secrets people have told me that I have never repeated, not even to my husband, not even after many years, not even (in one case) after I got angry with them and wanted payback.

O

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I think it might be harder for married people to keep secrets, well for me it is anyway because im the kind of person that wants to tell my husband everything. That doesnt mean I cant keep any secret, just that its more difficult for me because I like to talk about and share my experiences with my spouse.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I agree with you doodle-v. I like to share everything with my hubby.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have kept many a secret.....

I remember years ago when a teen in the congregation and one of the 'brothers' was getting into 'pot'.. everyone said.. Don't tell "Sassy" because she will tell.......... even my 'wordly cousin' who was not a JW said that.. I got so pissed because there was no reason for them to judge me so..

And I didn't tell!!!

Years later when GRILLED by the elders about some things I had been accused of doing with a 'brother'... I told him I'd never tell.........and I didn't.. so the 'sister' who turned us in, looked stupid.. we both denied it.. but I never told..I kept the confidence... He learned he could trust me even under pressure..

Since then I have known things that would be "BIG" if told... but nope. mums the word..

(unless of course I have had a bottle of whiskey.... but then if you are sharing with me.. You can't tell either!)

• dustyb
    dustyb

i know things that i keep secret....because the people that tell me would be severely screwed if i decided to speak up....

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I have a very small circle of intimate friends, mostly relatives(my hubby, parents, a couple of my in-laws), and everything I get to know they get to know in turn almost right away.

So, I guess, no, I cannot keep a secret.

DY

• shera
    shera

Yes,I may sound as if I am bragging but I am proud to admit,I am very trustworthy when it comes to keeping secrets.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I cannot hold my own water.

However, there are one or two things I haven't told a soul.

sirona

• Carmel
    Carmel

Oh man doublev! You didn't tell your husband about us did you??? I've kept it a secret!

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit