How many JW´s spend their whole lives being JW´s?

by ILoveTTATT2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would venture to say born ins who have parents and other relatives who are J.W.`s and that makes it so much harder to break from the mould as their is too much to lose ,family and life long friends that you have only known since birth.

The emotional bond can be so hard to break free from regardless of the knowledge one might have gained that something is not what it seems ,it just doesn`t add up ,or doubts that appear.

It could be overwhelming for many people to face that and bite the bullet.

They would just bide their time and wait and see ,wait and see , wait and see .......until they die.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

While it is true that many will remain as JWs because it is "familiar and safe" for them, others just need the supportive and gentle push towards freedom.

As long as they have a safe landing place - with people who can help them, many will awaken.

After our video went live, we have literally been swamped with people reaching out to us personally saying things like "we are still in, but know its not the truth, and have never spoken with ex-jws before - but are scared of breaking free" .

But to their credit, they are reaching out now because they feel safe doing so.

So all we need to do is create and provide a safe place for them to ask questions and raise concerns.Then they may see TTATT

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I would venture to say born ins who have parents and other relatives who are J.W.`s and that makes it so much harder to break from the mould as their is too much to lose ,family and life long friends that you have only known since birth.
    The emotional bond can be so hard to break free from regardless of the knowledge one might have gained that something is not what it seems ,it just doesn`t add up ,or doubts that appear.
    It could be overwhelming for many people to face that and bite the bullet.
    They would just bide their time and wait and see ,wait and see , wait and see .......until they die.
    I don´t know about that... I think born-ins are the ones who tend to get out, a lot! I lost my family and I still went out...
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I guess I asked an unanswerable question. It´s impossible to know how many JW´s will end up being JW´s their entire lives because no one has actually kept track or could keep track of so many people for such a long time.

The only "hard" data we have is the PEW information that says that 2/3 of born ins eventually leave...

I just don´t see that, however. A vast majority of the people who were in when I left 4 years ago... are still in.

Maybe I need more time to know the answer? Maybe I need to rephrase it?

Out of the people you knew when you were a witness, how many are out?

Personally, my count is 10 out of around 300.

• VIII
    VIII

My Maternal side is all in...for the most part. My Mom is hardcore and would never leave. She preaches to me daily on her calls to me (she's 80 and I get a daily call to check on me). She tells me about JW.org and why I need to check it for facts on JWs.

I have told her since I grew up in it I know all I need to know. She says there is "New Light". I gag as I tell her that I don't need the new light. Period. I tell her to STOP. She will quit for a few days and start over. I also get bi-weekly mailings of Watchtowers with notes written on them. UGH!

She seriously believes that she is going to make it through the Great Tribulation and will live forever. She feels good, is in surprisingly good health and has a JW best friend who is 85 and still alive (she's also a born in). She somehow thinks that they will both make it through the Big A.

She talks about Satan and uses so many key JW only words that I don't think she could survive in the worldly world. She wouldn't know how to communicate like a normal person without using the JW verbiage.

So, will she leave the JWs? No, never. No matter the crap they do/did to her/us. She is firmly in until she kicks Memorial plate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit