JW cannots........

by Nan 30 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Cant use the word "lucky" fortunate is good though

and in Bethel we couldn't say "guys" to a group of men and women eg."How are you guys doing?"

In Bethel no gold chains or bracelets, facial hair, or Indiana Jones hats.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

why the ban on smurfs

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Hi Friends,

”JW cannots” is a depressive result of following imperfect men, such as apostle Paul. It is typical for imperfect humans to forbid things that God does not forbid. (See James 3:2) Where in the Gospels do you find reason to forbid all those forbidden things among Jehovah’s Witnesses?

“Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man [apostle Paul], to whom no salvation belongs.” (Psalms 146:3)

“They [Jehovah’s Witnesses] bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men.” (Matthew 23:4)

“This people honors me [JEHOVAH] with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men [apostles Paul and John] as doctrines.” (Matthew 15:8)

Benny Sikter, Sweden

• Puternut
    Puternut

You cannot take blood; But it's ok to take the fluid apart and use what you need.

You cannot celebrate Christmas; But it's ok to buy a turkey or ham on that day with all the trimmings and have your family over.

You cannot go to war; But it's ok for the top leaders to buy stocks in missiles

You cannot curse; But it's ok to go to movies where there's lots of swearing or some mild nudity as long as it's PG13

You cannot have anything to do with things that pertain to the supernatural; But it's ok to watch Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Sci-Fi, where there is lots of magic.

You cannot sue another witness, But it's ok to cover up child abusers in your hall.

You cannot get drunk; But it's ok for the elders and ministerial servants to give liquor to minors, when they are at your house.

You cannot have a job with a gun; But it's ok to have a collection of weapons at your house, for target practice, or show.

You cannot buy lottery tickets or gamble; But it's ok to buy stocks and bonds and loose your money that way.

And it goes on and on, some of you may have others............

Puternut

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Quite a long list. I never really thought about it, but that's alot a stuff JWs can't do. Maybe it would have been quicker to list the things that JWs CAN do. Yep, life as a JW sucks

• Coop Man
    Coop Man

Cannot Celebrate Mothers Day

Cannot Celebrate Fathers Day........

Hmmmm....I KNOW there is a scripture that says we are to honor our mother/father....

• Nan
    Nan
  • Nan
    Nan

And why are they allowed to celebrate their wedding anniversary, with gifts,etc., (which is just the birth of their marriage) but they can't do birthdays?? More inconsistancies......

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Nan:

I bow to you...

Very good post. This is what I was trying to do in my post, "The unwritten Grey Book of JW Rules." You really thought this one out, I hope more people write so we add to this growing list. It is sad when we can finally see the 'big' picture of just how restrictive things really were.

Thank you, Lee

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    And why are they allowed to celebrate their wedding anniversary, with gifts,etc., (which is just the birth of their marriage) but they can't do birthdays??

My ex used to join in my family's birthday celebrations, but he would say "happy anniversary" instead. Like Jehovah has a bunch of loopholes in his laws, so if you don't use the word "birthday" you won't die at the Big A.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit