Gruesome details in last night's memorial talk

by purrpurr 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I remember that, six inch nails, the slow asphyxiation of having arms above your head, choking on vinegar given instead of water. Happy days. My childhood Easters and no chocolate!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

scratch:------like the one of a prostitute having sex with a dragon.

have you got a link to that video-?--that would be worth watching.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe they got Mel Gibson to write a Passion of the Christ style memorial outline lol.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is supposed to guilt the listeners into thinking "oh wow, if he endured all of that for me, then I had better respond ..."

• sir82
    sir82

That's not in the outline.

Sounds like you had a sociopath giving the talk. I'd be careful about leaving anyone / anything in his care.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I thought everyone had the memorial on VIDEO?
    No?

• sir82
    sir82

I thought everyone had the memorial on VIDEO?
    No?

The special talk on 3/25 was a video shown nationwide (US). Memorial was delivered a local elder in person.

• undercover
    undercover

The speaker at the Memorial I attended relied more on emotional blackmail to make his point. Jehovah, and Jesus, went to all this trouble for you, you miserable little piss ants, in order that you might be saved. How do you repay that? You can't really, but you can show God that you appreciate his sacrifice (But it was Jesus who suffered BTW), by attending all the meetings, sharing in the service, supporting the worldwide work (read: give us money).

• sir82
    sir82

Jehovah, and Jesus, went to all this trouble for you, you miserable little piss ants, in order that you might be saved.

LOL.

"And what's more, you miserable pathetic worms, you aren't worthy of eating this bread or drinking this wine."

Repeated 5 or 6 times.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

JWS boast themselves Proudly that they don't watch R rated Movies (Adult movies with gruesome violence and stuff)

What rating can we give the Bible. R,RR,RRR ?

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son , to be gruesomely tortured and Killed without any tangible good Outcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit