"Comments You Will Not Hear at the 2/15/04 WT Study" by Blondie

by Gopher 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gopher
    Gopher

In Blondie's absence this week, I am posting the comments she sent me for the week's Watchtower Study. Since the article is mainly a statistical recap of JW statistics for 2003 (and basically the WTS patting themselves on the back), this post is shorter than Blondie's usual commentary.

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 2-15-04 WT Study

Review comments will be in black and parentheses ()

WT quotes
    will be in red and quotes ""

Quotes from other sources
    will be in blue

"INTO ALL THE EARTH THEIR SOUND WENT OUT"

"Make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit."?Matthew 28:19

Opening Comments

Watch for buzzwords. Ask why scriptures are not quoted or strung as snippets. If you have a WT-CD, see what the WTS said about the scripture in the past. A good one, Colossians 1:23.

Sorry, I can?t be more detailed.

START OF ARTICLE

Sense of urgency

Colossians 1:23

Who are the "weeds" and the "wheat"?

Rapid Increase Today

The date 1919 is featured in paragraph 4 as the time for the pure Christian wheat to be identified?anointed Christians. This date is tied irrevocably to 1914. The WTS feels that they were identified as this wheat. Take away 1914 and the mantle from God is whisked away.

The number of the anointed partaking went down for the first time in several years. Will it go up again? Time will tell.

In paragraph 8, the WTS says that Satan brought about WW2 to attack the great crowd.

Paragraph 10, "demonstrated their sense of urgency"

In Foreign Fields

Japan had a peak of 217,508 publishers in 2003

What was the number of publishers in past years? Is this a yoyo increase/decrease?

1998?220,663 publishers hmmmmm?

"Out of All?Tribes and Peoples and Tongues"

The WTS takes the credit of taking up the challenge of putting God?s message in the language of the people.

The NWT is only in 11 to 12 languages. Whose Bible translations do you think the WTS uses to preach to people in the thousands of other languages? Those translated and published by Protestant Bible societies. Who then is preaching to peoples "out of all?."?

"Into All the Earth"

Millions?perhaps more than any previous time in history?are saying

Acts 5:42

And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

"I will bless Jehovah at all times"

since 1919 have spent themselves in Jehovah?s service

I wonder what they were doing from 1879 to 1919?

Concluding Comments

I will try to check in to see what fine comments all of you make. You lurkers, come on down and jump in.

Blondie
  • Gopher
    Gopher
    the WTS says that Satan brought about WW2 to attack the great crowd.

That is typical WTS grandiosity. Every big thing that happens is because of Bible prophecy surrounding THEM. Alternately, you could reason that Jehovah or Jesus brought about WW2, because the number of JW's grew rapidly during that period. (Growth = Jehovah's blessing )

I thought it was a nice catch on the Society's "lie, damn lie and statistic" that the article said Japan had a "peak" publisher count in 2003, when actually they peaked 5 years previously. Of course, the WTS needs to create the impression that they're still growing and have Jehoober's favor.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

This is a circuit assembly weekend around here--will the faithful get this talk at the assembly? What's the C.A. message this time?

• Panda
    Panda

Wow. I never realised that the NWT was only printed in 12 languages . That is such a good point - what other bible translations are being used? And what does that say about the "unity" of the organization? Amazing. I so appreciate Blondie and gophers efforts.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    This is a circuit assembly weekend around here--will the faithful get this talk at the assembly?

The Sunday session at the circuit assembly includes a 30-minute summary of the week's corporate propaganda session Watchtower lesson. It's usually a good time to get up, go to the bathroom, and try to see if any of your friends are also wandering around in the hallway.

• barbar
    barbar

Gopher

I am not sure how to highlight quotes from other posts so I have pasted your comments

I thought it was a nice catch on the Society's "lie, damn lie and statistic" that the article said Japan had a "peak" publisher count in 2003, when actually they peaked 5 years previously. Of course, the WTS needs to create the impression that they're still growing and have Jehoober's favor.

I think by PEAK, they mean the maximum that year, not the highest peak ever, si I don't think it was a lie.

But I do find the whole concept of the statistics and the "society" strange. I have not seen the annual report for 5 years, but wondered whether the number of memorial partakers is still falling very slowly, they almost seem invincible.

Barbar

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I think by PEAK, they mean the maximum that year, not the highest peak ever, si I don't think it was a lie.

I was a JW all my life until 39 -- and whenever I heard the word "peak", I always thought of "highest ever". So if you are right (and I think you are) and their meaning of peak is "highest point of the year", it's still misleading to me.

I remember throughout the 70's and 80's that Japan had something like 200 consecutive publisher peaks, each month's count being higher than the previous month. But they're NOT peaking like that any more. Their growth is flat there, just like it is in all first-world nations.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Has anyone noticed those countries where they have had a percentage increase, but zero baptized? (Moved members in, perhaps?)

• Maverick
    Maverick

Oh man! They moved up the study! I was not ready! The pressure!

What is that sound? Do you hear it? Is gods spokesman passing gas? All that hot air and BS? What a lethal combination!

I promise to do better next week! Maverick

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Nice of you, Gopher to keep this going for Blondie.

And wonderful of Blondie to keep this going through you.

I love it.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit