I'm lost.

by Mandy97 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

While this is a horrible tragedy, it's not the end of the world, or even the beginning of the end of the world. 127 lives were lost, in a most brutal and horrific way, but the threat to any one individual is still really quite small, so try to keep things in perspective. The threat is real, but it is not hopeless.

• steve2
    steve2

The OP is an example of why religion works. Religion is a substitute parent for lost children. It soothes and directs. Each time an adult says, "I'm lost" is an invitation to start using critical thinking and put away the search for magical solutions.

Being lost is no substitute for engaging the brain and courageously using reason instead of religion.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I found this survivors account on facebook very moving, as have many thousands of others. Amidst the terror and carnage there was some human kindness and true courage.

survivor's story

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Look to what the good people are doing. Focus on this. If you feel you are able, get involved to help. Do not give the psychopaths anymore of your energy. Do NOT let them win.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Hi Mandy97 and Welcome!!

I feel your concern about being lost!! It's a helpless feeling I admit that. But there has always been war, terrorism right on through the past centuries, or even millennia. There is solace in the fact that there are a lot my meek, good people on this planet, than evil, I think or hope so.

Yeah, try to focus on the good, peaceful things that humankind does or aims to do. Personally, I focus on what kind things mankind has done or is doing to get through times when terrorism is paramount.

Cheers and God Bless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit