Was wondering.......

by Nan 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Nan, I was borganized when we used to be required to purchase and actually sell the magazines and other publications at the door....Finally in the 80's someone gave the Governing Haughty a "heads up" on the "You were given freely" scripture and they backed off to requiring dubs to only ask for donations and they still expect dubs to contribute as they pick up their magazines and publications at the Halls.

Frannie B

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sassy says In other words they are guaranteed that the literature is paid for. You must give them money when you pick them up and then when people donate money at the door and you are told to ask them if they care to donate to the WORLD WIDE WORK, that means you can't reimburse what you paid with their donations, you must put the money towards that work. DOUBLE payment sometimes.. This is the case in the US - but I am almost certain that it is not quite the same in GB/Australia or Canada - -please feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Sounds like when Pauly was made a partner in the bamboo lounge in "Goddfella's" Double book keeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit