Another nite at work, thinking how to get the elders back...

by dustyb 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

One thing you have to realize is that the Elders are only doing as they've been taught by the Society. The Society is the root of the problem, not the elders.

However, I don't doubt that there are elders that abuse their powers. I believe that the Society's teachings cause some of the elders' shitty attitudes to be amplified.

Do as you wish, just know that the elders aren't completely at fault.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

For me I knew something fishy was going on in the cong, about a month or two after I left my mom told me how 2 elders had stepped down, one moved to another congregation (conviently close enough so that he didn't have to move) and another elder was publicly reproved. Revenge is a dish best served cold my friend, I know it's hard to wait but if they're truly doing some whacked out wild stuff they'll get hell for it.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Tuesday:

I agree with you a hundred percent. After I was publically reproved one of the elders that was on my judical committee was deleted and recently the other one on my j.c. was also deleted. And another one who is in his early forties who was a real snivveling prick who when I met him eye to eye on day in the Canadian Tire Store, just glared at me with evil eyes. I was disfellowshiped by this time. And he was recently removed for abusing his dear elderly grandmother. She is a lovely lady in her 80's and I just can picture him abusing her. He was a sneaky prick, my sister use to go with him when the were in their early teens and my sister told me is no saint. Neither was my sister as she left the organization for 14 yrs. And it was during our sister to sister conversations she told me all kinds of things about this guy. So I knew what he was like and I think he knew I knew and that was why he was so standoffish with me when we were in the same KH. He nor his family hardly spoke with us a all. It was as if he didn't stink. I thought him to be a real ass back when he was a younger person riding on his daddys coat tails. He was a real momma's boy too. Now he and his daddy are no longer elders. So yes dearTuesday revenge is a dish best served cold..What goes around comes around that is what I believe .

Love Orangefatcat....

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

If you believe that what goes around comes around, that's one thing.

Appointing yourself some sort of karmic vigilante... that's something else.

The longer you let these kind of thoughts take up valuable time, the more time you waste. How much more of your life are you willing to dedicate to the WTS? And isn't that what revenge fantasies/fixations are doing?

Taking revenge doesn't do anything to help un-learn the unsuccessful, ineffective habits we were taught. It does nothing to help us overcome the emotional issues that many of us have after a childhood being raised by parents being advised by plumbers and janitors who somehow were supposed to be experts on family matters.

I'll suggest a different cliche: Living well is the best revenge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit