Have You Renounced Everything Jehovah's Witnesses Believe In?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I renounced everything everything the witnesses believe in, except gravity.

I tried to, but walked off a cliff and broke my legs anyway.

Actually I surprised that they do teach gravity and don't call it the 11th comandment or something. "Thou shall be attracted to the earth with an unseen force"

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I dunno about that, Min...but I *have* adopted most of what they DON'T believe in...

Frannie B

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't believe in hell. I do believe that it is difficult to understand why there is so much suffering. I do wish things were different somehow.

However, what is is, and utopian religious fantasies fly in the face of the reality that untold billions of people and other living creatures have experienced on this house of horrors known as planet earth.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Actually I surprised that they do teach gravity and don't call it the 11th comandment or something. "Thou shall be attracted to the earth with an unseen force"

If they did that, then anyone who thought that gravity was a warping of spacetime rather than a force per se would be subject to disfellowshipping as an apostate...

• lillost
    lillost

I haven't renounced the teachings but I realise that a lot of the beliefs have changed since I was a young girl. I am no longer an active member but still have contact with my family, they tell me theres new light all the time and I wonder wether its to increase the numbers attending the Kingdom Halls. I am so disillusioned at the moment as I have only being looking on the internet for information for a few weeks

ps

hi to everyone Im new here

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

1) There is no three-headed god.

2) When you die, you're really dead.

3) There is much corruption in the world's political and economic systems.

Not much more remains after that.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hello, lillost, and welcome to this forum! I hope you stay and enjoy yourself!

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Of course not, why should I?

I left primarily because I am an avid Bible Student, and the WTC is in the habit, as are all other religions, IMHO, of "going beyond the things written?.

They just DON"T get it- There are RULES/LAWS in the NT, and then there are principles, prophecies, etc.

RULES/LAWS need NO interpretation,

As for principles, prophecies, etc, each Bible Student has the potential to interpret these differently.

The WTC attempts to seat itself as God and Mediator, becoming the Anti-Christ and Man of Lawlessness, like every other religion, by stating that if members disagree, on Biblical grounds, with "their interpretation", that one is somehow an ?Apostate?. Nothing could be further from the truth. The WTC are the Apostates, because they go beyond what is written", breaking God's LAW.

What is important, then? Should we turn our back on the Bible because false religion twists it?s contents? That would be like throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I t is what leads to salvation that is important, not all the mnanuafctured interpretation of Scripture to try to make it fit an organization?s pre- conceived notions. We should not turn our backs on what is important for salvation- Faith in God, service to him, faith in his Son's ransom sacrifice's power to redeem us, practicing the fruitages of the Holy Spirit, prayer, doing our utmost to avoid sin, and helping others do the same are what matter. It's all there in the NT. Want some citations? You can look these up online at http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible/ there's 17 Bible versions available there.

Putting faith in God (YHWH), his Son, Jesus Christ, his Son's ransom sacrifice's power to redeem us, and his inspired word the Holy Bible - Hebrews 10:12, 26; 11:6; 11:1-40; John 3:16-21; Romans chapters 4, 5 & 6; Romans 10: 9-17; Acts 4:12; 10:43; Matthew 26:28; Mark 3:28-30; James 4:17; 5:15; 1 John 4:9-14;Luke 13:23,24; 1 Timothy 4:10.

Real faith compels us to works, service to God - James 2:26; Acts 26:20; Hebrews 10: 23-25.

Practicing the fruitages of the Holy Spirit, doing our utmost to avoid sin -Galatians 5:19-25;1 Corinthians 6: 9,10; Matthew 12:31.

Prayer - Matthew 5:44, 6:9, 26:41; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; James 5:16; Romans 12:21; Phillipians 4:6; Colossians 4:2; 1 Peter 4:7.

There are many more scriptures that provide insight on these things necessary for salvation. Everthing else outside the scope of these things is principle, prophesy, trivia and dissertation. It's all a matter of setting priorities and importance.

I choose to keep the Bible based moral rules and principles in mind, and let the Fruitages of the Spirit guide me, along with faith in God. I pray to him when I feel compelled to do so, and try my best not to sin. Leaving the JWs, just another part of Babylon the Great, is one of the best things any of us can do. But we shouldn?t jump from the fire into the frying pan. Avoid at all costs walking on through the broad gate that leads top destruction, as tempting as it may be.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Yes, I agree with your comment, too about the teasing and know that only you were teasing but I couldn't have been.

Min, you are so subtle. "you were teasing but I couldn't have been."

Very good. Nothing against Reborn at all; I just appreciate the sly humor in that line.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

You're all familiar with the following: The WTBS quotes Galations 5:9 quite often, "A Little Leaven Ferments the Whole Lump" (New World Translation) They also quote 1Thessalonians 5:21 which says "Make Sure of All Things; hold fast to What is Fine" (New World Translation) Its really sad more rank and file JWs don't call their leaders on their own advice! They're afraid of becoming apostates. LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit