Virginity goes for £8,400 ($15,687) at auction

by Elsewhere 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bristol/somerset/3473817.stm Virginity auction ends on net A lesbian at the University of Bristol who is selling her virginity on the internet has closed the bidding.

Rosie Reid, 18, a social policy first year student from Dulwich, south-east London, wants to avoid graduating with excessive debt.

According to her website, bidding closed at £8,400 on Sunday, with the winner to be contacted by 11 February.

Ms Reid's mother, Jenny, told BBC News Online: "Obviously, I would rather she didn't, but she is an adult."

This student is setting a bad example to others
    Can Okar
    President of the University's Student Union

A spokeswoman for the University said: "As far as the university is concerned we have no comment as it's not a university issue and the student is an adult."

Jenny Reid added: "We have tried to talk her out of it. We have told her we would rather she didn't do this, and would hope that she won't.

"She did tell us about it when she knew it was going to be reported by the media."

Can Okar, President of the University's Student Union, previously said: "We would never condone anyone putting themselves into a dangerous position.

"It is a great stunt but this is a serious issue and this student is setting a bad example to others."

• dustyb
    dustyb

thats funny, i wanna do that

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

does the virginity have to be lost to a female or is it just to a male -- I bet some males would be attracted to this- - Ok it is a lot of money -- but to get to do a virgin and a lesbian at the same time --quite some feat

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Sounds like an interesting idea! But I think if someone in the US did this, they'd be stopped and charged with prostitution, which I think we should legalize already over here.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

What an expensive whore. Can't imagine paying soo much for sex.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    Can't imagine paying soo much for sex.

Especially with no experience! Don't the inexperienced workers get the minimum wage jobs?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yeah but if she is a virgin.. disease free..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Yeah but if she is a virgin.. disease free..

For now.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I wonder what she'll get for the video?

• shamus
    shamus

Hey,

I still need to borrow $15,687.00 if anyone's interested. Checks and money orders accepted... please send soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit