The true approved religion

by Galimo 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Through Divine Revelation (TM) I have concluded that I am the new TRUE religion!

• Loris
    Loris

Thomas Paine wrote in his book The Age of Reason, "any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."

I agree with that. How many stories in the OT revel in the murder of men, women and children in the name of God? The Israelites were to take the female children and focibly make wives of them, priestly sanctioned rape! The male children and infants of both sexes were murdered. What pray tell was their crime? Being born a Cainanite?

Then you have the Christian story of God the Father putting his son to death, or employing people to do it. That cannot be told by a parent to a child without a sorry explanation of it ; and to tell him that it was done to make mankind happier and better, is making the story still worse; as if mankind could be improved by the example of murder.

Look at the so-called childrens books printed by the WT. How shocking to a child are they?

Loris

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Ask them this: The true religion at one time believed the generation of 1914 wouldn't pass away before the time of the end came. Now they've reversed that doctrine, yet the JW's are still the true religion. Does that mean A,The other religions were right about that teaching all along, or B. The JW's were right all along, even when they reversed the doctrine?

If they answer A, (Provided they answer) you've done your job, you've made them think

If they answer B, ask them "So what you're saying is no matter what the JW's said in the past, it's still the true faith?" You'll also make them think with that question, if they're smart, but assuming that they're a good dub, they'll still answer "Yes".

And then bring up the Catholic doctrine of the infalibility of the Pope to put it in perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit