What do the GB members do for cash?

by starfish422 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• starfish422
    starfish422

Am I correct in thinking that the GB members are unpaid for their role on the board? How, then, do they survive?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

You are kidding right? They earn it the old fashioned way....they steal it from the rank & file!

-BONEZZ

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If they want a car, they just get the WTS to buy them one and chalk it up as a tax deduction so they can do their "ministry". Of course they might happen to use it for personal matters.

If they want to go on vacation to Paris... all they have to do is give a special talk there and all of their travel and lodging will be taken care of by the WTS... also tax deductable.

Funny... I was never allowed to do these things as a MS, Temp Bethelite, and Pioneer.

• Room 215
    Room 215

They're pretty good at holding out their hands and dropping hints.

• VM44
    VM44

I read in the book, "The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses" that Fred Franz once took a group of people out to a Chinese Restaurant. I always wondered how he was able to pay the tab.

--VM44

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

It is a little known fact that Brother Franz loved to read his fortune cookies. He stopped the practice though when he received a fortune that read:

"It will all be done in ' 71!"

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Does the stock they hold in the Corporation pay a dividend?

They also get their monthly allowance, and I'd bet money they have a "tax deductable" expense account.

• dustyb
    dustyb

they get all their money by selling their brooklyn estate.....sheesh thats a lot of dough. oh ya, they have millions of dollars of stock in US defense equipment, and they also take the donations for "world wide works" and use that to buy a lot of their stuff....

• franklin J
    franklin J

cash? thats easy to answer.....

I am curious to know what the unmarried ones do for sex......

• sf
    sf

Two words:

Spiritually pimp.

Here are some tidbets to nibble on:

Congress Hearing on European Intolerance (June 14, 2000)
    ... under the direction of the Governing Body in New ... and organize the worship of Jehovah's
    Witnesses throughout Sweden ... $937, almost 10 times the cash income that he ...
    www.cesnur.org/testi/EUintolerance_07.htm - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum - Topic: WTBS' Financial Empire. ...
    ... assist in the worldwide work of Jehovah's Witnesses, advancing the ... same basis and
    the total cash allowances and ... only 12 members of the Governing Body and maybe ...
    www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/53692/1.ashx - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit