Witnessing to Witnesses: Flawed Doctrine or WT Misdeeds?

by imallgrowedup 14 Replies latest jw friends

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I am absolutely fascinated by the answers here. The four of us on this thread (so far) who were never baptised dubs all suggested something other than using doctrine. Everyone else (with the exception of Franklin) suggested using it. Interesting indeed.....!

Because I was never a baptised dub, I can say that I certainly feel more comfortable using WT misdeeds - and for the exact same reason bebu mentions - because all the misdeeds are related to JW doctrine - and specifically, point to the evidence that the WT can not possibly be the F&DS. IMHO, everything crumbles from there. But I can also agree with Nathan that it can completely depend upon the person, the circumstances, etc. In fact, I thought of putting that into the original question on the thread, but I have a tendency to make things a bit more complicated than they need to be. So, this is definitely something I need to be aware of.

At any rate, thanks for all the replies so far! I'm going to be using this feedback on my jw mom and step-dad who are coming to my home this weekend. They are coming out of hibernation - specifically to address the e-mail I sent them (link below) - so I guess the circumstances I will be finding myself under will be directly related to UN Issues. Man! I hope they don't throw any doctrine at me, 'cuz it gives me a headache when I try to unravel it!!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/66148/1.ashx

growedup

• dustyb
    dustyb

there was a good point brought up that all of the WTS mistakes are based upon their flawed (man made) doctrine. biggest thing....1914 is nothing more than a man made date. what i suggest you do is get 5-6 different ways that daniel chapter 4 is used to come to certain dates....

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i think i've tried every idea i found on the web. only my dad is a jw. since my family likes to argue and fight. i stick what has worked in my family. i constantly pound my dad on the generation of 1914 teaching he , was so good at preaching for years. and that jesus choose the wt in 1919. this was his hope and his ministery. for the last 4 years i mostly pound away on what the wt was teaching from 1914-1918 that would make jesus choose the wt. i've have him in a state of panic every time i call .i have learned to answer 99% of his reasons that the wt are god's ppl. i have seen him laugh in peoples face when they questioned the wt and the generation of 1914 a 1000 times. how when i bring up this issue he hides in the bathroom or cries to my mom. look who is laughing now. and i tell him. just to look in his face shows he knows i busted the wts. and he can't deny it. so i use the brain washing idea i keep pounding him on what he know's he has bared false witness in the name of god. i just out do what dad did to me for 35 years. he's don't laugh no more when i'm around. and that is proof the wt is bunk. john

• dustyb
    dustyb

use one of Amazing's governing buzzards posts. it was about how that dumbass Rutherford released early a book before WW1 was over (the draft was still in effect) stating things specifically anti-patriotic and against the draft and trying to dodge the draft and stuff (keep in mind that the military service doctrine didn't come into play until about 1960's?? ). It goes into huge detail and it explains 1919 pretty well actually. i like it a lot and its very very interesting.

• Azalo
    Azalo

so i guess they didnt take to kindly to the email?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit