NEWS: Stock Market Bubble Affects Freemasons

by slipnslidemaster 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I failed to mention that the title of Mr Spaghetti (not to mention the name alone) was wrong/eyebrow raising. That and the spelling errors clued me into the joke.

Good attempt at satire though Slip. Almost Onion worthy even.

Uzzah

PS - To answer your last post, Perhaps using a fake Press Agency as opposed to AP or at least date it April 1 (April Fools Day). Subtle but easy to point out

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    I failed to mention that the title of Mr Spaghetti (not to mention the name alone) was wrong/eyebrow raising. That and the spelling errors clued me into the joke.

Well...

It's Mr. Spisghetti but it was a perversion of Spaghetti. I wanted something very ethnic to go with the English Lodge. The title of Mr. Spisghetti was lifted directly from a Freemason website but I understand that they are all independent with no controlling authority per se and I ran the thing through a spell checker...I don't see any obvious mistakes but I suck at spelling.

I've been reading the Onion lately again and I don't think I even come close to them . They have obviously too much free time.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

The biggest competition to the Masons is listed in SEC documents as the Shriner Organization who have also been hit hard.

Up until recently, you had to be at least a 3rd Degree Mason in good standing, in order to be a Shriner. Shriners are an off-shoot of the Freemasons. I don't remember if they are part of the Scottish or York rite (the two paths to 32nd degree Masonry). All I really know is they wear very silly hats. But they do some phenomenal work for childrens' hospitals and burn units. So for that I think we can forgive their choice of headgear. LOL

Uzzah - who is just nit-picking. Speaking of nits ... I was wrong about the spelling mistake. It was a different word usage which I had mis-read. Sorry.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Uzzah is correct. You have to be a mason first in order to be a Shriner. I've had some friends who were Shriners and they were hit dunned pretty hard to maintain the Children's Hospitals and burn units where the care is completely free to the Children.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Note to self: no more parodies about shriners or freemasons...

Uzziah, I'm going to use your suggestion and put April 1st as the date. I will think of an appropriate new agency too. I stole the AP thing from a radio show (Opie and Anthony) where they always said that if it had "AP" on it, it must be true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit