NEWS: Stock Market Bubble Affects Freemasons

by slipnslidemaster 14 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Stock Market Bubble Affects Freemasons
    AP - May 3rd, 1:32pm

In a press release today, Grand Lodge of England, which is Freemasonry's oldest extant lodge, announced that due to the stock market collapse they would be dropping the "free" from their title and be known as "Masons" starting the first of the month.

Sovereign Grand Inspector General Harry "Bud" Spisghetti clarified during a phone interview that the Freemasons just couldn't continue without significant restructuring in todays economy. "We figured that we could make it just on our advertising revenues but with the collape of the stock market we have hope that people who appreciated our services would continue with us even though we are no longer able to be free."

The formation of the English Grand Lodge in London (1717) was the beginning of the widespread dissemination of speculative Freemasonry, the present-day fraternal order, whose membership is not limited to working stonemasons.

There are also many subsidiary Masonic groups, including the Order of the Eastern Star, limited to Master Masons and their female relatives; De Molay, an organization for boys; and Job's Daughters and Rainbow, two organizations for girls. Many of the orders maintain homes for aged members.

Sovereign Grand Inspector General Spisghetti stated that he hopes the restructing will permit the Masons to avoid filing for Chapter 11 protection and return to profitability with-in the coming quarters. The biggest competition to the Masons is listed in SEC documents as the Shriner Organization who have also been hit hard.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

My twist to the word is, the common man is not FREE. I've heard many Freemasons use the term Mason only.

Guest 77

• slipnslidemaster
  • Uzzah
    Uzzah

This is highly questionable.

The Masons have always had an initiation fee for joining even in the First Degree and an annual due is paid by each member.

The "Free" in Free Masonry has nothing to do with cost of joining or operating the Lodge.

It is either a joke or very poor reporting.

Uzzah (my father is a 32nd degree mason and current master of his Lodge)

• Robdar
    Robdar

I agree with what Uzzah said. I think it's a joke.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    It is either a joke or very poor reporting.

thats what i thought.

• talesin
    talesin

Looking for an answer,

Does anyone know if the I.O.O.F (International Order of Oddfellows), another similar society, was/is affiliated with the Freemasons?

thanks

talesin

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

It's a joke. I wrote it yesterday during lunch. Onion style...

• Robdar
    Robdar

oh, wise guy....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I figured that since there is the Russel being a Freemason theory around, that I would do something about them.

I have written 3 satire parodies in the last 2 days and I think I need suggestions on how to label them as such without ruining the story. Any thoughts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit