Feelings of an active JW

by XBEHERE 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I come on here everyday and read and read and read. Then I go home and get ready for the meeting and sit there and feel just trapped like a bear in one of those metal claw things. How can we losen the trap and get free? I don't know. I wish I did, believe me I do.

X! Welcome to the board! I guess you'd call me one of those who said "bump this crap, and I'm outta here!" LOL! Hey, it's a process that for some takes longer than others............but, in my gut, I feel that the only way out is totally out, break free totally. I think that's why so many that know and yet stay go thru such agony, and feel so trapped........you are. You can't be who and what you truly are, and that creates a psychic pain..........I know, I've felt it myself. I have family still in, and this year especially, I've had to get down and dirty with myself and realize that I may end up NEVER being able to have my family ever again. But, I'm walking my road, they're walking theirs..............<shrug> I wonder sometimes if they really are happy............but, I can't live my life around them..........

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

First: You need to act with extreme caution in keeping your identity secret as long as you have this dual situation with your family and your own conscience. Be very careful about giving out details about yourself, because there are Watchtower monitors on these ex-JW boards who look to find potential disloyal and apostate JWs ... it does happen ... and it has been "proven" that the Society monitors these boards. Be especilly careful about trusting people with information until you get a good feel for who they really are.

I don't have to be careful, so I'll be fresh and in their faces for you!!! PHHHHTTTT!!! WT Rats!!!! Nyah Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah!!!! In your FACE!!!

Sincerely,

Terri Crowe-Perry

• rocketman
    rocketman

Some folks have suggested the slow fade - missing a few meetings here and there, etc, and seeing how that goes. It may work. On the other hand, it would be great if your wife were at least somewhat on board with what you are thinking because otherwise a die-hard jw spouse can make any exit strategy a pretty tough go.

I know the feeling you are experiencing, but fortunately for me, my immediate family and I were pretty much on the same page. That makes a world of difference.

Now, other family members seem used to the idea that I no longer attend, and I get little in the way of questioning about it. Perhaps by fading very slowly you can reduce the 'shock' if you will that a quick exit would likely produce, and maybe in time your family might actually grow a bit accustomed to your fade-out.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Keep growing - eventually you will have the strength to do things that you never imagined you could.

CZAR

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome!!

my immediate family are all active "praisers of god's kingdom" some are Elders, MS's, Pioneers

You'll get lots of good advice here, so I won't give you any.

... just wanted to say I know how you feel. It doesn't get any easier after many years.

For me, freedom has been worth the cost.

Good luck (someday you may be allowed to say that, if you leave!). Follow your heart.

peace, love & happiness

talesin

• sf
    sf

{{ Welcoming hug }}

If you have EVER been in the jw yahoo chatrooms, this statement couldn't be more of a reflection of whom partakes, with known disfellowshipped individuals and/ or "apostates", on a daily basis. (In which many of us said "apostates" that frequent those rooms, simply are baffled by the hypocrisy of these "loyal jws" interacting with us):

I suspect there are many JW's who don't really believe anymore. You can almost tell by the expressions, the lack of meeting attendance, coming late and leaving early. Many also go out the last weekend of the month, just so they wont get the dreaded label of being "irregular" or "inactive". Of course there are still the hard-core "JW's till we die" people but many are losing urgency and joy.

This I think, is the dynamic in the yahoo jw chatrooms; because if it were okay to be engaging "us", then why aren't all jws engagings "us"? Some there shun us yet many engage and interact willingly.

Thanks for being here. More are to come, I'm sure in the "critical mass exodus" of the Watchtower Corruption Society.

sKally

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

XBH, greetings and welcome. Well, you've been given plenty of suggestions and I believe you have the intelligence to decide whatcha gotta do. Proceed with caution.

Guest 77

• sf
    sf

Need I say more? I just logged into yahoo after I submitted above post and look at what they titled the room (although many of "us" title the room to lure them in..deceptive? hell ya!):

Jehovah's Dynamic Witnesses300

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

sKally

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi welcome to the board... I also suggest you do a slow fade. When they "ousted" me there were no boards or helps to easily find.That was in 1987.( because i dont believe Jesus came in 1914(invisably of course) This is a site where you will see that the WT has hurt many,many people ...But isnt that what the Devil does??? scattters family's????? i hope your wife wisens up soon. (((hug))) I think you need a hug. Grace

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

One of the biggest holds the organization has over us is the ability to destroy families.

Im sure if they stopped the cruel practice of disfellowshipping there would be a mass exodus not seen since the days of Moses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit