Just Another Example of "Where is the Love?"

by codeblue 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

I just had a delivery from Fed-Ex , I accepted a package for my neighbor at her request since she wouldn't be at home.

The Fed-Ex guy looked confused as I opened the door. I cleared up the confusion by telling him that since my neighbor was working, she wanted me to accept HER package. He then says: " Well, I recognized you as somebody from the KH and wondered why I was dropping it off here, thought you guys might have moved." (They all know where we live because we first moved here a little over a year ago, many asked where we live).

Well, the funny thing is he hasn't seen me at any meetings since June. There was no mention of: " Hey, we MISS YOU!. How are you doing?"

Guess I am NOT MISSED!!! Just another example of "Where is the Love?"

Codeblue

• dustyb
    dustyb

yep....i haven't went to meeting for, um, almost 2 weeks...no phone call, no hey, wondrin where you're at, not even from my mom. where's the caring? the only person that actually cares is my g/f....

• Puternut
    Puternut

Wuv, twue, wuv, whewe is it?

• Sassy
    Sassy

I haven't been to the hall since the memorial.. no one cared .. I don't expect that if I did see someone they would say they missed me.. and if they did I would doubt they meant it.

• Princess
    Princess
    Wuv, twue, wuv, whewe is it?

The Princess Bride Don't feel bad Codeblue. Most of us have experienced this. Steve and I faded fast after our son was born. We attended the memorial when he was six months old and vowed we would never go back. One YEAR later we got a message from a sweet old sister inviting us to the memorial. Six years after that we got a call from the elders that they'd like to "drop by" on Sunday. That was the extent of the love from our hall. Oh, they shunned us after we missed that memorial. We were able to get a little payback when they announced our DA. We attended and freaked everyone out. Rachel

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Consider yourself lucky...trust me, it's much worse when they hound you.

• undercover
    undercover

It's a catch-22. You want to fade away and to not be bothered. But you expect to be bothered, and then it doesn't happen. So are you glad that you were able to sneak away or are you upset that no one missed you?

Personally, I'm glad, that for the most part, I wasn't missed or bugged about what was my problem.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

At least your fade is working.

CZAR

• Jahna
    Jahna

Hello.

Funny, when I was going, I never ever missed a meeting, even through three pregnancies. All my children were less then a week old at their first meeting. I suddenly realized how much "love" was in the congregation when I got sick and was in bed a few days. My internet quilting group missed me more then the congregation. My email was filled with, where are you, we missed you today, where as the local congragation never noticed. I left about 4 months later full time.

Jahna

Forever trusting in who we are, and nothing else matters....Metallica

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Codeblue, it really does hurt when you discover how little your "friends" truly care about you. I've not been to a meeting since the last memorial, and nobody has checked up on me. I'm a single woman who lives alone, so I could be lying here dead or something, but so what?

Anyway, I hope you know that if you disappear from this site, we'll all be quite concerned and will try to contact you to see that you're ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit