If the JW leadership is all about the money, what do they want it for?

by True North 21 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Power and control. Simple as that.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I believe you can find out from Quotes site where all the money goes, might give it a looksee:

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

Kate

• bucknut
    bucknut

I think money is imporant to every group regardless. However, if they were all about money wouldn't they have the members be more materialistic so they would have more to give. College anf higher education would be pushed more so they could get better jobs to have more to give.

Just my 2 cents

• El blanko
    El blanko
    College and higher education would be pushed more so they could get better jobs to have more to give.

Very good point. One cult that positively thrives upon material success IMO is "The Church Of Scientology". Material success is pretty much guaranteed if one nourishes and releases the true potential of the Thetan (look it up!). That model is opposed to the genuine Christian model that the society attempts to project (the latest mag having an article in there about a balanced view of materialism).

The authoritarian stance of the "human" governing body however, may be open to question. As Raymond Franz suggests in his books.

• link
    link

bucknut,

Welcome to the board.

The trouble with College and higher education is that it leads people into thinking.This thinking business leads people to escape. This in turn means that although there would be more money from better jobs, there would be far fewer of them giving it - possibly leading to a net loss in both numbers and income.

link

• bucknut
    bucknut

I can kind of see the point about college leading to escape, but College does not mean intellegence of free thinking. I am sure there are some very intellecent ( some of you try not to laugh too hard) memebers who think on there own. I am also confident that many members do think on their own as well.

Counter point, I am sure if they GB wanted too they could easily have their members go to school and twist it for them to think they shouldn't leave. From reading several post from various members I think that could easily be done. Like I said I do not think one going to college will open ones mind enough to leave or not. If the person desires to get he/she will.

Thanks for the welcome BTW

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Piles of money = power, fame, power, glory, power, lotsa perks, power.....and last but not least power (spelled c-o-n-t-r-o-l)

Frannie B

• link
    link

We seem to be a bit off-topic here but it has to be pointed out that being or not being a J.W. has little to do with a persons level of intelligence. The point about going to college is that it exposes a person to alternative viewpoints and information, which would not be the case if that person just cleaned windows all day.

Obviously that exposure is not going to turn everyone subjected to it against the Society, but it can sure start them thinking and asking questions.

link

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't believe that the corporate people in the WTS are interested in personal enrichment in the monetary since. What they want is power over other people. The most common personality trait you will see is patriarchal tendencies.

Regarding the money.... every JW feels compelled to help the Organization succeed as much as possible. If the Organization is succeeding then Jehover is succeeding. Therefore they do all they can to enrich the corporations thinking they are serving Jehover.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Gootta have money to have power. Gotta have power to have control.

I think that for some folks, having absolute power over the lives of other people is probably a better rush and even more addictive than the best line of cocaine ever vacuumed through a tube!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit