Israeli army does it again!

by Waymores Ghost 30 Replies latest social current

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

This really irks me. Everytime I read that the Israelis kill some suspected militant leader along with a child who happened to be riding in the car with him. Is that really necessary? I always thought that Israel, who like to think of themselves as "God's" people, should be taking the high road. In civilized democracies, no matter how great the need to take someone down, the protocol is never to take action when doing so would knowingly risk the life of an innocent civilian - especially a child. Israelis have in fact successfully captured suspected terrorists, many of which are still in custody. So it can be done.

I think what is at play here is the old "eye for an eye" mindset. In this regard, the Israelis have not progressed very far from the brutal savagery their Hebrew ancestors displayed. Why should we care if a Palestinian child gets it, just yesterday a suicide bomber took out a bunch of OUR civilians...

Wg

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

WG,

Do you have the same amount of outrage when a Palestinian Terrorist murders innocent women and children?

Yep, it's a shame, and I wish it could be different, perhaps if the terrorists would stop hiding amongst women and children. The way the Israelis look at it, if it's a choice between Israeli kids dead, or Palestinian kids dead, the Israeli kids win.

In most areas where these bombs are used like this, it's because the Israelis couldn't get military force into the area in time to capture the terrorist. Again, it's a shame, what's your solution?

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian
    it's because the Israelis couldn't get military force into the area in time to capture the terrorist

Thats nonsense, and one of the weakest excuses for Israeli barbarity I have heard in a long time, in my opinion.

The Israeli army has one of the most safisticated militia in the world and Mossad agents can track down anybody at any time. Why do you think it is acceptable for a nation to kill innocent people with their authorized official military but likewise unacceptable for civilians to fight back?

I hate what the Islamic suicide groups do and the way that they kill innocent people but in the same light it sickens me to know that a group claiming to be Gods chosen race also day in day out kill innocent men, women and children.

I would say that if Israel pulled out of the occupied territories and gave the Palestinians more freedom then that will help this situation, but I am afriad even then people will not be satisfied and continue to kick up old dirt under the misguidance of brainwashing groups like Hamas and Islamic Jihad, who just seem to be puppets on strings for the Likud party.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    I would say that if Israel pulled out of the occupied territories and gave the Palestinians more freedom then that will help this situation, but I am afriad even then people will not be satisfied and continue to kick up old dirt under the misguidance of brainwashing groups like Hamas and Islamic Jihad, who just seem to be puppets on strings for the Likud party.

If you said that, you'd be wrong, the reason those areas are occupied is because they were used to attack Israel proper, the Palistinians have given no indication this will change.

The Israeli army has one of the most safisticated militia in the world and Mossad agents can track down anybody at any time. This is only partly true, often, it's Palistinains giving up where these terrorists are because they want them out. Why do you think it is acceptable for a nation to kill innocent people if civilians were targeted on purpose, you'd have an arguement. with their authorized official military but likewise unacceptable for civilians to fight back? Which came first, the chicken or the egg.
    Thats nonsense, and one of the weakest excuses for Israeli barbarity I have heard in a long time, in my opinion.

Well, you at least said "in your opinion" which I respect you for. How many years military service do you have?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ala Dawaya, 21, was on his way to work as a baker when he was shot by Israeli soldiers in the old town of Nablus on 18 December. An ambulance was called and driver Adnan Soso arrived to see the wounded man sitting upright and still alive a few metres from an army Jeep.

'I was called at around 3am to an area known as the onion market,' he said. 'I got there within about three minutes and saw an injured man lying against a wall within metres of an Israeli Jeep.'

He reversed to the end of the street, from where he could still see the injured man and the Jeep. 'Then they started shooting at the man from the Jeep. Every time they shot, the body moved and they waited then shot again, sometimes twice. They shot him about ten times over several minutes,' he said.

Eventually, the shooting stopped and the Jeep allowed the ambulance to approach. 'The man was dead and both his eyeballs were hanging out. I looked at what he had in the black plastic bag next to him. Trousers, shoes and an overall, covered in flour. We put him on a stretcher and got him into the ambulance.

'As we were about to pull away, the Jeep approached. The soldier said: 'Is he dead?' He then asked what was in the bag and I showed him. He asked for the dead man's identification card and spoke on the radio for a few minutes. He then told us to take the body away.'

The ambulance took the body to Rafidia Hospital where it was examined by Dr Samir Abu Zarour. Although not trained in post-mortems, he is the closest thing to an expert in Nablus, having examined 250 shooting victims in the past three years.

'He had been shot between eight and 10 times, including twice in the face and once in the testicles, and had a series of fragmentation wounds in his legs,' he said.

The army spokesman said that Nablus was under curfew at the time of the shooting in order to separate civilians from terrorists.

'Soldiers identified a terrorist planting an explosive device in the road. They shot him and when they examined the bag, it contained explosive material, as suspected. They later discovered he was a member of Islamic Jihad.' The spokesman denied soldiers had shot him several times.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1136426,00.html

Explosive flour? Who are the terrorists?

SS

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

Hi yeru,

OF COURSE yeru, when a Palestinian suicide bomber takes out innocent Israeli civilians I THINK it is as much of a tragedy. That, I'm sure we can agree on.

I don't agree with your assertion that it is necessary for Isaeli forces to do this "because they couldn't get military force into the area in time to capture the terrorist." Huh? Israeli forces are in the area if they can target and destroy a vehicle. How else would they know if a particular person was in that vehicle if they weren't there to see it?

Wg

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Zero, which is exactly why I said 'in my opinion'.

Although it has crossed my mind. Are you a man of the fist? They draughted me in to work in the Northern Naval Fleet but because they were the days of my Watchtower involvement I lied to the authorities and was medically discharged.

For this reason I can no longer join.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    OF COURSE yeru, when a Palestinian suicide bomber takes out innocent Israeli civilians I THINK it is as much of a tragedy. That, I'm sure we can agree on. GREAT, I look forward to your post denouncing the Palestinians the next time an Israeli child dies from a terrorist bomb.

I don't agree with your assertion that it is necessary for Isaeli forces to do this "because they couldn't get military force into the area in time to capture the terrorist." And you have how much military experience? Huh? Israeli forces are in the area if they can target and destroy a vehicle. In the area is a relative term. Generally not close enough to reach out and touch someone. How else would they know if a particular person was in that vehicle if they weren't there to see it? It's called HUMAN INTELLIGENCE, much of which they get from the Palestinians themselves.
    Also, stop and think about the cost in civilian lives if the US moved in in force to capture these individuals...the civilian toll from the fight these guys put up would be MUCH higher. The most humane things is then, to target them as they have been, or not target them at all...the second is not an option as long as these guys are killing Israelis.
  • seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

For me, there is one aspect of the news coverage of the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict that is very telling. News coverage tends to focus on suicide bombings. There is usually scant coverage of indiscriminate actions by Israelis. Now, since in a Palestinian suicide bombing attack, many more Israelis die than Palestinians, we might expect the death tolls to be much higher on the Israeli side, perhaps 1:10 or higher.

However, at the end of every article reporting a suicide bombing, there will be a sentence that says something like, "In the current conflict 2310 Palestinians and 765 Israelis have been killed." The number is almost always three times higher on the Palestinian side.

What this indicates to me is that there is a massive amount of unreported Israeli-sponsored destruction happening all the time. For each suicide bombing carried out, the Israelis kill as many Palestinians, times three. I've been watching the numbers for several years now, and they are fairly constant.

The point of this is not to make this a battle of numbers and determine who is getting the shorter end of the stick. But to me, it does strongly indicate that we receive an extremely one-sided view of the matter here, and it baffles me as to why America should be so unswervingly loyal to Israel, which obviously engages in as much or more indiscriminate killing as Palestine.

SNG

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Very well said, Seattle.

There are conflicting arguements as to why the western media do not cover this as much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit