What do you miss most about the person you wanted to be?

by dh 13 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I'm getting there...........and it feels good.

• Xena
    Xena

I think I can kind of relate dh...when I was a kid I had dreams of what I wanted to do and be when I was an adult...the future was full of promise...now as an adult, I realize I wasted most of the best years of my life and have accomplished little if anything of what I dreamed of...now I have very few good years left and they are full of responsiblity, my dreams are gone and I can never get them back or fullfill them....it makes me cry sometimes at the waste, but then I suck it up and get on with life, because what else can I do???

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm wwith Blondie on this one! Once I left the Bitchtower, I've been at home where ever I am, and never regreted the mistakes I've made. I kinda like me.

carm

• Sassy
    Sassy

ahhh dh. ((((((((((((DH)))))))))))))

for me.. I guess I am now more of a person than I wanted to be.. growing up a JW, my only goals and aspirations were to be a good JW wife and mother.. end of story. It was all about what I could give to other people. I never thought about what I could do to be happy for me..

so now I am experiencing things and doing things to be happy.. things I never thought about before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit