Can anyone really take politicians seriously?

by logansrun 16 Replies latest social current

• logansrun
    logansrun

Euph,

First you say politicians are dishonest and hypocritical, then you say they're too ideological? Make up your mind, Bradley.

There is a vast disconnect between political rhetoric and political action. When one's ideological rhetoric does not match their actions they become either dishonest or hypocritical. There is no inconsistency in my assesment. Bradley

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bipartisan - try imagining bush and gore sharing presidency instead the big face off/showdown at noon in the courts.

SS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When one's ideological rhetoric does not match their actions they become either dishonest or hypocritical.

In other words -- politicians are

Great at Talking the Talk but NOT at Walking the Walk

• logansrun
    logansrun

I really wonder if it would be better if we did away with electing individual politicians in the US and, instead, voted for political parties. They do this in a number of other democratic countries. It seems it would make getting re-elected less of a personal issue.

Just a thought.

B.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I can't remember who made this quote, "Show me an honest politician and I'll show you a liar."

Guest 77

• logansrun
    logansrun

Bill Clinton, 1998 : "Well, it depends on how you define 'sex.'"

George W. Bush 2004: "Well, it depends you define 'we're sure.'"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree logansrun -- but in the end it can make you so cynical that you end up trusting nobody -- TNF - - Trust No Fu----r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit