WT: Three ways a woman can improve her lot

by Sirona 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Three Ways a Woman Can Improve Her Lot

Education. ....

PRECISELY -- SO WHAY DO NOT THE WTBTS ENCOURAGE IT RATHER THAN CONDEMN IT?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I just thought of a fourth way....but....they probably wouldn't publish it....GET OUT of the WTS!!!! (a redundant thought here, I know)

Frannie B (of the "Huggin' my toilet bowl now Class")

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I remember reading articles in the Awake that were definitely aimed at third world countries............and I'm thinking that if the WTS was an NGO for the UN, then having these articles and citing the UN booklet would bring them into compliance with the requirements..............I know these articles are composed and written up a few months in advance.............but, definitely I've seen them in Awake, before I left the Borg in '99. One of the things I was interested in when I did a tour of Bethel one time was that they do make minor changes in the magazines from country to country..........for instance, in Africa, they do put Africans on the cover..........because they know that people there do not want a "white" magazine................sometimes the articles are different, also, I know that especially the KM's are country specific as they all have their own issues and differences of policy..............

Terri

• Panda
    Panda

As I read this article my mind flashed onto various UN sponsored pamphlets and advertizements aimed at the developing world (when did it stop being the 3rd world?) I'm thinking specically of those UN and other relief agencies serving India.

Yeah a lot of stuff goes to Africa too, however, usually the African relief agencies are involved with preventing further spread of AID's (at pandemic numbers by now). Do you suppose the WTS is helping the Aid's orphans? Very unrealistic, yet so many groups with much smaller resouces are making a difference in the aids orphans lives.

Anyway these health ads aren't usually on the internet where the intended audience will never see them. Maybe this is part of public service which the WTS needs to comply with, and they've made damn sure it's nothing useful on the net...sheesh.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Excuse me while I go throw up and then bury it.

Nina

You better make sure you do this outside the city limits Nina! And use the proper utensil to dig the hole.

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit