I know this sounds absurd but are JWs turning Pentecostal

by joe134cd 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I just viewed this

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5703039295946752/clapping-singing-conventions-like-evangelicals

Ok the point has been made. 20 years ago the thought of JWs imitating a Pentecostal revival meeting would of got me struck down by a bolt of lightening by Jah himself. Now it dosnt even raise an eye lid. So do you think they will eventually go down the Pentecostal route. Could they implement speaking in tongues, faith healing, shaking on the ground etc. If they did do you think this could save them both financially and with membership. A lot of these charismatic type churches are not only extremely wealthy but also are busting at the seems with membership. Thoughts please. BTW I also sent the above 2 clips to an ultra orthodox PIMI face book friend. So it will be interesting to see what he has to say on it.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Wouldn't be surprised. The Love of Money is the root of all manner of oddities. The Protocols devote much activity to the destruction of Organized Religions as they are morphed into the Beast which cannot be too far off. The various Cults are merging into one Gigantic Cult do dominate all.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

...to dominate all.

How on earth is an edit accomplished?

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Hallelujah..........AMEN BROTHER.......Give Me a Good God Bless You!!"

Who knows? With these clowns, anything is possible. This jerk has plenty of practice 'quaking and shaking' already.

• LV101
    LV101

I recall a conversation few yrs. ago with JW elder about the immense growth of Pentecostals in the country (world) and he told me it's because people like being told what to do and how to live their lives -- that's what people want. I couldn't believe he said this when the JW cult is leader of the pack -- I'm sure there's a few that are worse.

• LV101
    LV101

My point -- do you think JW leaders have been looking at the Pentecostal growth factor and trying to emulate it - maybe.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

When I was around 15 years old, during the family study, after we read the article that changed the meaning of TFDS from all 144000 to the GB (something that I had anticipated since I was 13, but had kept to me as apostate thinking) I said to my parents:

"If brother Russel was ressurected today he surely wouldn't recognize the movement he started today"

Well, to my surprise, now I say:

I don't recognize the religion I was born in.

• fukitol
    fukitol

People are overreacting a bit to this. Just because the borg are jazzing up their music a bit and being a bit more expressive about it, it hardly means they are becoming Pentecostal. The GB have probably been advised that statistically, young people and families are turning to the more modern, contemporary style churches because they provide a satisfying emotional experience. The org has never really provided that, relying on a traditional catechism style service or treating meetings like a franchise meeting of a global religious sales company (which is ultimately all the religion is).

It's all part of a strategy to give the turd a more modern, 21st century polish to try and stop the haemorrhaging, nothing more. And to make it more palatable to the African and Latino contingents, where the only growth is now occurring.

What I find disturbing is how they are increasingly using video technologically at their large gatherings in an Orwellian way, portraying horrible doomsday and obedience themes on a big screen. Its screaming out for an expose on 60 minutes or something.

• KiwiBoy
    KiwiBoy

Well some have said that in some parts of the world this type of emotion is very common. True. But.....the bOrg has always insisted on uniformity. 'If it happens here then it will happen there' approach. So it is surprising that the GB have approved it in one area of the world but no mention in others. Maybe there is more to come in the future! And by that I mean actions mentioned by joe135cd above!! Time will tell. We live in very interesting times indeed! Watch this space.

• compound complex
    compound complex

In the early '70s, a group of us went to a fast food restaurant after the evening meeting. A young man, observing us and our demeanor, asked if we were Assembly of God because we were so happy.

That well-intentioned and sincere comment was not appreciated . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit