Yoga: The Watchtower's View

by Disheartened 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

About seeing sparks of fire, meteors, and little globes if you stare into the sky or into space for too long, I think I have an idea of what this is. First, there are such things are floaters. I have many of them and have seen them all my life. But I can also see the little red blood cells flowing through the capilaries of my eyes if I stare for too long at the sky or into space for too long. They could certainly be construed as looking like little meteors zinging around all over the place. I never noticed them much until one day when I thought I saw hundreds of floaters in my eyes moving very quickly. It wasn't until I went to a science exhibit designed to show you how to look at the blood flow in one's eye that I realized what I was seeing all along. Since then, I've also noticed that the movement of the blood cells occurs in time with my heartbeat. I think they could easily be seen by most people with the concentration involved in yoga.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, it is the don't ask, don't tell philosophy. The ones I argued with had Chinese non-JW contacts too who told them it wasn't a martial art and they bought into it.

You are right RHW about the hypocrisy. But then the doctrines, policies and procedures of the WTS provide a fertile ground for it.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Clearly Jehover's House is divided against itself...

One article condemns Yoga for its spiritual origins... but then another article says that Pinatas, also having spiritual origins, are not a problem because what matters is how something is currently viewed.

• franklin J
    franklin J

This post shows just how ridiculous the JWs have become with their convoluted prohibitions.

Thank you for my chuckle for the day.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I wonder if she uses a pedestrian crossing b/c even they have a pagan connection.

They do? Really?

(Am I just being gullible?)

(But, hey, that's how I got into the cult in the first place, isn't it?)

• Disheartened
    Disheartened

Galaxy 7-This article was published in July 2002 Watchtower. I copied and pasted it from Watchtower.org. The only reason I was on that dumb website was to find out if I could email my letter of disassociation. Unfortunately, they don't accept emails. Anyway, I was looking at the ridiculous articles and pictures (like the picture of a little girl petting a bear in the "new system" ..come on) and I happened to come across that silly article on Yoga. I had to share..

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

On a similiar note, the org was opposed to hypnosis. I found hypnosis wonderful, I took it for a year and i am currently saving up for a light and sound machine. The feeling of hypnosis is wonderful! It clears your mind and everything around you improves, relationships, outlooks, negative behaivor. I never was possesed by a demon while under hypnosis.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    I never was possesed by a demon while under hypnosis.

Obviously, you just don't get it, do you? (sigh) Only active JWs can get possessed by demons because they are the only ones considered precious to Jehovah. Therefore, Satan uses anything and everything to enter their little brains (not much else there anyway, so there's plenty of available space) and cause them to froth and twitch, and shred Watchtower magazines while screaming epithets such as "Good luck!!" and "God bless you!!."

Once you have left "God's people," Satan doesn't give a damn about you (since he now owns you outright) and you are, therefore, allowed to undergo hypnosis, practice yoga, and read Stephen King novels without repercussions.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Remember Spiro Agnew's ``nattering nabobs of negativity?" Just look at the Scholl brochure--- the Brooklyn gerontocracy's knee-jerk, reflexive reaction to everything is ``NO"

• slenderdog
    slenderdog

What about the days of the week? They're all named after pagan gods or celestial bodies. They'll have to rename them all! Any suggestions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit