Robbing your child of a normal upbringing

by RiverPeace 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doofgrandaddy
    Doofgrandaddy

Just love him and enjoy the precious time you have left with him.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

My best advice is invite him to locate and attend the nearest Celebrate Recovery weekly events. There are hundreds all around the country. He'll find people who have similarly suffered and that have successfully recovered from alcohol and other hang-ups as well.

I went for a year and went 19 months without a drop of alcohol. I had a few drinks since then, but the reliance seems to be gone. It was the break I needed to re-wire my thinking and set sail for other shores. Everyone is different though.

Wouldn't hurt to go check it out yourself too. A lifetime in the Watchtower is certainly a hang-up worth recovering from and it's easy to get stuck on the journey to freedom.

- SB

• Overrated
    Overrated

Who knows what I could of become since being not allowed to go to college because some old men in New York say so or what I do with my time. Now that I'm away from my parents/ borg, screw them. Time to live a filling life.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You did the best you could with the tools you had at the time in your mental and emotional arsenal. Nobody can fault you for doing the best you could with what you had. Acceptance means letting go of the hope that things could have been different. How could they, if you were doing your best? Nobody wakes up one day and says, "I'm going to raise my family in a cult and harm them". You weren't malicious. You need to work on understanding how all of this worked and forgiving yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit