NOTE: This upcoming book presents my attempt to help the reader understand why Jehovah's Witnesses think and act the way they do - (why many of us use to think and act the way we did when we were captives of a concept). The following "Contents" will give you an idea of the approach the book takes. It is written with the non-Witness primarily in mind. It says a lot of things that have already been said, but it says them differently. - The book should be available in a couple of months or so. Don Cameron
Captives of a Concept
"Understanding The Illusionary Concept That Holds Jehovah's Witnesses Captive"
"There is only one thing that needs to be known about the Watchtower Society and there is only one way to know it."
Important Terms Foreword CHAPTER 1 The Concept That Holds Jehovah's Witnesses Captive
- What Makes Jehovah?s Witnesses ?Tick? - Raymond Franz
- The Dominant Controlling Force That Nobody Notices
- ?Come to the Watchtower Society For Salvation?
- The One Question Everything Always Comes Down To - Peter Gregerson
- The Only Thing That Needs To Be Known
- The Only Way the Watchtower Society Can Be God?s Organization Today
- Understanding Their Interpretation and Holding Them To It
- Jesus? Decision in 1919 - The Most Important Event in Watchtower History
- Using Watchtower Standards To Judge Watchtower Teachings
- #1: Second Coming of Christ ? 40 Years Too Early Then 29 Years Too Late
- #2: "We Are Not Your "faithful & discreet slave"
- #3: Christ?s Thousand-year Reign & The Sewing Machine - 1873
- #4 "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"
- The Society Admits to Being in Satan?s Organization from 1914 to 1918?
- Why Russell Should Have "Let the Very Stones Cry Out"
- Jesus? Decision In The Spring of 1919
CHAPTER 5The One Mistake All Jehovah?s Witnesses Have Made
- How Their Free Bible Study Causes This Mistake.
- How To Avoid Making This Mistake
- "God?s Organization" Exists Only in the Minds of Jehovah?s Witnesses
- Why Their Interpretation of Matt. 24:45-47 Could Not Have Come From God
- The Men Hidden Behind "God?s organization"`
- The Illusion vs. The Reality
- Removing the Word "False"
- Removing the Word "Prophecy"
- What Their Teachings Are Called When They Start Teaching Them
- What Their Teachings Are Called When They Stop Teaching Them
- The Word "False" Is Reserved For All Other Religions
- Watchtower?s Definition of False Prophets = Russell & Rutherford
- What The Watchtower Society Has Never Been Able To Admit
- Do Their Motives Matter?
- The Kind of Prophet The Watchtower Claims To Be Does Not Exist
- They Are Unable To See What They Are Saying
- Changing Matthew 7:15-20 From "False Prophets" to "The True Religion"
- Proverbs 4:18: The Society?s 2 nd Most Important Scripture
- The Second Coming of Christ ? Change of date from 1874 to 1914
- ?Tricks and Tactics of the Cunning Propagandist?
- "Apostate" - The Governing Body?s Favorite "Name-Calling" Label
- The Governing Body?s ?Brick Wall? of Propaganda
- The Witnesses? Inner Wall of Willful Blindness
- Overcoming Watchtower Propaganda and Willful Blindness Is Difficult To Do
CHAPTER 10 Why Jehovah?s Witnesses Have Unity of Belief
- 1954 - Walsh Court Case ? Former Vice President Hayden Covington
- Enforce Acceptance of False Prophecy
- 2 Timothy 3:16
- Only Those Submissive to the Governing Body Can Understand the Bible
- "What Does It Mean To Be Honest?"
- The Difference Between Making a Mistake and Being Dishonest
- Listening To Those Who Are Misled and Corrupted in Their Thinking
- Lacking Information and Receiving Misinformation About Society?s History
- The Illusion vs. Reality
- Who Have Jehovah?s Witnesses Been Following?
- Why Studying The Bible Is Dangerous For Jehovah?s Witnesses
- Illusion vs. Reality
- "Happy Anniversary" ? Yes / "Happy Birthday" ? No
- Alternative Civilian Service
- The United Nations Declaration of Human Rights
- Their Concept of "the organization" Makes All the Difference
- Why Witnesses Cannot Just Say, "I quite"
- 2 John 9-11 ? No Difference Between the Teaching of the Christ and the Teaching of the Watchtower?
- Keeping God?s Organization Clean?
The Internet ? The Watchtower?s Worst NightmareCHAPTER 19
The Key To Their EscapeCHAPTER 20 Evidence Alone Is Not Enough
- Unequivocal and Undeniable Evidence
- Jehovah?s Witnesses and The Mexican Army First Reserve
- "I Might As Well Eat, Drink and Be Merry"
- "I Would Rather Go To My Grave Being Deceived"
- "They Can?t Tell Us the Truth."
- "I Can Wait 30 Years For God To Straighten Things Out"
- "I Don?t Care If Every Member of the Governing Body is Apostate"
- Teaching Themselves The Truth ? Romans 2:21
- Watchtower History Study
- Proclaimers of God?s Kingdom ?
- "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"
- "The World Magazine" Insert on Page 60
When Illusion Meets Up With Reality
- John 6:68: Nowhere Else To Go?
- Switching From Going to a Person to Going to an Organization