How deep is the rot?

by JeffT 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think the whole organism is flawed and rotten, it was rotten in fact to its foundations right from the start. All egos and Dollar bills. As to the level which corruption penetrates I suggest that it is systemic although a majority of followers mean very well.

In the hierarchy there are the big people at the top enjoying the undeserved rewards of their scam with a layer of brain dead wannabes below them. All the rest including the elders are the little people with Watchtower induced lobotomies.

The whole con trick is based on a fictional story dressed up to look miraculous and the GB play on the credulity of the little people who have been lured into it by a ticket to paradise.

I don't think the org can remain an attractive option to outsiders for much longer. I do hope the heartless GB will be publicly outed-- but the true believers by their very nature will hang on to the bitter end whatever happens.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Rotten to the core.

Too much doublespeak, subtefuge and shell games to be otherwise.

• Half banana
    Half banana

A second glance at this matter JeffT; I think that it would be most telling to know or discover if any of the GB have themselves "woken up". Surely this event is likely in due course!

If one of them realizes they are harming people by their delusional demands and continue in office-- that would be corrupt. It would however take a steely conscience and strength of character to let the other members down in their exclusive club and admit that they have all been in error, because it would likely spell curtains for the whole Watchtower delusion. I say this because some of the others in the GB will not be far behind in his thinking and the resignation of two or more would be a membership disaster because the flock would also start to wake up or be given the confidence to declare their own disbelief.

My guess is that in the spirit of a kind of Watchtower Free Masonry, the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses feel a divinely ordained and privileged duty to fulfil their ritual obligations to carry forward the honour of being at the helm of this business corporation. They do not think like their followers; they are concerned with the prestige which exists within the executive and with their financial clout as a major world class stocks investor. They 'appear' blind to the stupidity of the perpetual delay of Armageddon because the vital key to running a domesday cult is to engineer belief so as to always be able to press the unattainable reward forward into the future.

However to be awake to this travesty and continue as a GB member would be first degree corruption.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    (duplicate post)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit