by Atlantis 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Magnum:

You have a pm!

Petra!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Thanks Wifibandit and Atlantis. I was able to read Wifi's.
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

LevelThePlayingField:

Good, we are glad that you and hopefully others were able to get the file. If anyone wants further details as to why this is happening, don't hesitate to send us a pm and I'll clue you in. Soon those responsible will be spitting nails!

Petra!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Just a note. Do you ever think the GB will drop the phrase, "best wishes", and just leave it as Warm Christian love? Wouldn't that cover it all in itself anyway? Right? What do you need the best wishes for? Does Jehovah approve of wishes?
  • Anakin
    Anakin
    Thank you Atlantis, for your effords .. Grazie molto
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

LevelThePlayingField:

You are not the only person who has asked about the phrase "best wishes" that is showing up at the bottom of many BOEs. I know that in certain JW circles in the old days the phrase "best wishes" was not proper speech. It was considered the same as saying the word (Luck) or (Lucky).

But the other day on a JW site I saw a picture of an entire family who were dressed in jeans and they were handing out tracts at a bus or train station. I thought to myself (JWs in jeans handing out tracks? A sister in pants handing out tracts?)

These days there are things going on and being said by JWs that would never have been proper in the old days. I see pictures of brothers in the field ministry wearing NO ties, and sisters wearing sandals, In my old congregation the elders would have never allowed that.

The Watchtower Society of today is not the same as the Watchtower Society of the 1950s or 1960s or even up to the 1990s. The JWs of today would not be able to endure what the JWs of the 1950s and 1960s had to endure.

I'll see what I can dig up on the (best wishes) phrase for you.

WTUnderground!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I wonder what the premiums are (and what they'll be climbing towards in the near future :smirk:).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Atlantis - "The JWs of today would not be able to endure what the JWs of the 1950s and 1960s had to endure."

Yup, they're a pretty soft bunch.

If the WTS actually started circling the drain, I think there'd be a lot more who'd bail than stay.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I can see the Borg dropping ''Best wishes''. It's kind of like saying ''Good luck''. To some JW's.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I remember going through greeting cards at the store, looking for cards that DID NOT say best wishes. This was a no no. My....how things have changed. We even saw, dancing, singing and performing at the Kingdom Halls and Assembly halls, just about a year and a half ago. Full bands! We couldn't even play a recording of a "worldly song" at our wedding in the 80's. Things that make ya go ....Hmmm!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit