"Patterson" Pictures

by ZazuWitts 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks for the link, Zazu.

It's unbelievable that they poured so much money into the complex, and then ask for more to help the poorer countries, like Africa. It's so easy for them to ask for money, when they are looked after in Bethel, free from having to pay morgages or rent, increasing food prices, telephone bills, etc. They don't have to worry about paying for transport to work, or kid's clothes, or even paying to attend their conventions (I'm talking about those who have to travel long distances to the conventions).

Such a shame they don't live in the real world.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Thanks ZazuWitts,
    I am going to go look at the pics where my brother and his wife live now!!
    No JW,
    I think the hotel you are referring to may be the Bossert (sp.?)
    I was there, but didn't pay much attention to the roof line, don't know if there are gargoyles up there or not.
    TW

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

TW :)

Yes, you are correct on the name "Bossert."

And, the gargoyle ornamentation is still there. The WTBTS is not permitted to remove them because the Bossert is considered 'an historic landmark site'!! Ha,Ha.

I found some old notes on this from "The Brooklyn Heights Press"; the article appeared May 18, 1989, p.11
    Furthermore, the article revealed that the City of New York was losing over $10 million in taxes, due to the WTBTS religious status exemption - imagine, what they are losing now, with ever increasing property holdings by the Borg?????

• nojw86
    nojw86

Thanks TW and Zazu, on the info on the Bossert hotel, and the gargoyls are still up. Isnt that like a demon influence. hhmmmmmm.nojw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit