"Patterson" Pictures

by ZazuWitts 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Since registering with this forum, I have heard many mention the Patterson complex.

Having been 'out' since pre-1975, this facility was news to me. Came across this link, and thought I would share it with other
    posters who also have no idea of what Patterson looks like:

http://www.mbci.com/ProjShow/watchtower.htm

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello ZazuWitts,

thanks for the post. They give a better
    idea of the entire complex.

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• sf
    sf

ROFLOL, so this is where the CHARITABLE PLANNING money goes into. This is "the kingdom of jehovah" bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sKallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Farkel
    Farkel

If there is one consistency the Watchtower Bible and Literature Printing Society can boast about it is this:

The architecture of every building they've ever constructed is truly among the worst I've ever seen.

Patterson cost between 45 and 55 million to build. Most of the labor to build it was donated. This does not include the 1700 or so acres of prime real estate it sits on. That was several years ago and real estate prices have skyrocketed since then.

It is easily worth several HUNDRED million dollars, yet nothing is printed there. No books are bound there. People are just "taught" there. There are about 350 apartments/condos there for the WT elite.
    Jesus had no place to lay his head at night. Boy was HE ever stupid!

Oh, and don't forget the "for profit" Patterson Hotel the society a "non-proit" organization constructed in a compromise with Satan's governments so they could get their building permits. Don't forget the brand new fire truck they donated to Satan's governments to add some grease to the deal and to help them get approval to put up that ghastly piece of architecture.

Farkel

• Amazing
    Amazing

I agree with you Farkel. The Patterson, the first time I have seen it, is ghastly. The look-out tower in the back middle with the windows, reminds me of Waco, Texas Branch Davidian compound.

Amazing

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is what it looks like to me:

LEGOLAND!

Englishman.
    ..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here's one other thing I didn't mention: the society SHAFTED the architect who designed Patterson. I may be wrong on a some of the facts (I didn't take any notes), but I believe it was Maximus who gave me this information, so he can correct anything I remember incorrectly or if I'm making this whole thing up due to my advancing senility!

The brother who designeed Patterson was also responsible for designing a number of the society's buildings. He worked for years and for free doing this. As he got older and older he thought it would be great to be able to join the Bethel family and devote his full time to doing this kind of work for the society, and the society was most happy to have him become a part of their sancum sanctorium.

UNTIL.....the society found out he had costly medical problems and they were absolutely unwilling to pay for any of them. They left him on his own and out to dry and die. I don't know if he is still alive or not, but he saved the society hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in architectural fees and then they showed their gratitude by turning around and shafting him.

Farkel

• nojw86
    nojw86

Does anyone have information on this hotel in Brooklyn which they bought. I was called the bonart Im not sure if its the correct spelling. It had garcoyls all along the roof, which I heard people in BHeights found it to be a classic hotel and did not want it to be sold to the JW nojw

• teejay
  • dedalus
    dedalus

At the link Teejay posted, we are told:

Jehovah's Witnesses have eagerly been awaiting the completion of the Educational Center in Patterson, New York. We have been privileged to see its advancement. Some of these pictures will illustrate the amazing beauty of this facility.

"Amazing beauty"?! It looks like a cardboard condo!

Ack. Still, most Witnesses don't have much of an aesthetic sense, do they? Something about singing "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" and attending meetings in shoebox-shaped buildings and reading the insipid prose of the Watchtower much pretty much ruins any appreciation for beauty they may once have held.

Dedalus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit