Will People Wear Clothes In The New System?

by worldlygirl 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    All the women will be perfectly pert and shapely and all the men will be slightly tanned, well-toned Adonises. Doesn't anyone pay any attention to the Adam and Eve illustrations in the publications!

Geez, it's gonna be difficult to avoid the snares of sinful fleshly pleasures!

• JH
    JH

Isn't it written in the bible that summer and winter will never end. After the flood, the weather patterns changed.

Of course they will have clothes on.

• simplesally
    simplesally

We had conversations about this in car groups. One thing we discussed was the fact that we would NOT be perfect in the New System. We would be in a state of being raised to perfection until the 1000 years was up. After that time, who knew? But also during the 1000 years, others would be waking up (resurrecting) and they would be starting out where they left off, way off perfection, some just hearing about Jehovah for the first time. So, no it would not be a naked paradise.

Then, like Blondie said, the earth is changed weather-wise. God's purpose had to do with man populating the earth and living forever, not necessarily living naked forever. So even if man wore clothes, that would not be going against his original purpose. I would guess the canopies would have to be restored in order for the weather to permit nakedness worldwide.

Another thing is that men and women love clothing. And I sure would not appreciate naked people sitting all over my furniture. Unless women are ready to go in hiding for 7 days and sit in a tent with hay on the floor, it would not be very appealing to go naked during her cycle.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    Geez, it's gonna be difficult to avoid the snares of sinful fleshly pleasures!

LOL. I guess the divine Edenic mandate would be fulfilled pretty quickly!

• blondie
    blondie
    And I sure would not appreciate naked people sitting all over my furniture. Unless women are ready to go in hiding for 7 days and sit in a tent with hay on the floor, it would not be very appealing to go naked during her cycle.

Oooh, what a picture that conjures up, simplesally. I always figured that Eve did not have her cycle until after the fall. For a perfect God, that whole process was poorly planned IMO. (even if its evolutionary)

Blondie

• Will Power
    Will Power

This is a great question. I like it because it makes you think about other aspects of this "New System" and makes you realize that the WT doesn't really know anything - they just make it up as they go.

If we all wear clothes, oh excuse me, if they all wear clothes, where will these clothes come from. 1000 years wearing the same outfit - peeeU. Will their be dress shops? factories? pollution - synthetics? my my, better not look too far ahead....toilet paper? waste management? fuel?

on & on

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    Will their be dress shops? factories? pollution - synthetics? my my, better not look too far ahead....toilet paper? waste management? fuel?

I have always tried to make that point. How will these industries be run without "worldly" practices?

• Frannie Banannie
  • Dawn
    Dawn

Why........of course we'll all be naked - and since we'll all be perfect, we'll have perfect naked bodies

Hmmmmmmmm I sure hope Brad Pit makes it through the Big A!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just like Undercover, I can remember this being a talking point in my distant youth. I was told by the grown ups that we would all be naked and live on nuts and fruit plucked from the trees.

The more you realise just how plain daft the whole concept of the New World really is . Of course we were always told not to speculate or waste time in "Foolish and idle questions"... Mind you , they definately said in print that we would speak Hebrew.

Shalom, to all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit