Will People Wear Clothes In The New System?

by worldlygirl 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

If, after Armageddon, everything will be returned to an Eden-like state, will everyone be naked? Some of the brothers and sisters I've seen..... ewwwwwwww.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Speculation is not allowed in Dubdom - though will be disfellowshipped --- mmm nice thought for one or two sisters I know!!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I had this argument with my mother many times. I told her that in "the new system" everyone would have to be naked. It would be a requirement, and those who would wear clothes would die "the second death".

Walter

• shotgun
    shotgun

The men will wear gourds..or what-ever you call them. Like some of the tribesmen wear.

Maybe we can get Abel to kill some sheep and we can wear sheep skins.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

If we don't wear bras in the new system, will we look like the National Geographic natives? Boobies hanging to our knees?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

All the women will be perfectly pert and shapely and all the men will be slightly tanned, well-toned Adonises. Doesn't anyone pay any attention to the Adam and Eve illustrations in the publications!

• undercover
    undercover

Actually, I remember speculation about this when I was small. It wasn't from the platform, but a lot of JWs speculated about how it would be in the "new system" since it was right around the corner, ya know. I remember some people said that we would not have to have clothes since we would be perfect, just like Adam and Eve before the fruit tasting. This was before the "new light" on progressively attaining perfection over a thousand years instead of instant perfection after Armageddon. I also remember(this one from the platform) that it was speculated that we would all have to learn Hebrew as that would be our new language.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, I agree that gravity and time have to be accounted for; perhaps exercise will take care of that. As to weather, Eden was a tropical place, will that weather be earthwide. Will frost bite our tender parts if there is winter. What about thorns, thistles, and nettles. Will the earth be rid of such vegetation? I wonder how nudists today manage? What about sunburn for the paler of the human species?

Blondie

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Everyone will be wearing polyester JW attire in the new system. Don't you all look at the Paradise pictures? Everyone dresses like they're going to the Kingdom hall.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    Everyone will be wearing polyester JW attire in the new system.

Oh yes of course. Silly me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit