If you were a J.W. before July 2013..................

by The Searcher 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

VH7 - Watchtower JULY 15 Study Edition.

Ucantnome - you're probably right, and if so, the org was shooting itself in foot by informing later recruits of its past failed "truths" which were subsequently reversed.

My favourite is the "hypothetical evil slave" reversal - because it was one of Christendom's seminaries in the U.S.A.* which came up with this "new light", only for the alleged "faithful slave" to hijack it for their own ends and make it look like their "inspired expression.

* see the NET Bible footnote for Matthew 24:48.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Please, in case nobody has realised..... the OP's forum name is meant to be IRONIC - that's the whole point!

Hence the JOKE of 'The Searchers' opening post!!...... It's meant to be a SPOOF

The articles in the Watchtower 15 July 2013 magazine that 'The Searcher' refers to are basically reviewing JW doctrine changes over the years - they DID NOT ALL CHANGE in July 2013.

BUT 'The Searcher' says that the changes all took place IN July 2013 - that's the JOKE!

Of course, 'The Searcher' is clever - see how Point 7 was slipped in:

7. There is an 'evil slave class'. (box on Page 24)

Watchtower 15 July 2013, page 24 box actually says:

Was Jesus foretelling that there would be an evil slave class in the last days? No. Granted, some individuals have manifested a spirit similar to that of the evil slave described by Jesus. We would call them apostates, whether they were of the anointed or of the “great crowd.” (Rev. 7:9) But such ones do not make up an evil slave class. Jesus did not say that he would appoint an evil slave. His words here are actually a warning directed to the faithful and discreet slave.

Do not underestimate 'The Searcher's' postmodern irony

( for example see: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5760931004940288/_post/6198147132948480 )

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@darkspilver That all seems a bit too cerebral for me to take in. I guess I can attribute that muddy puddle mixed with confused neurons in my skull to my JW upbringing.

Nothing.

Makes.

Sense.

But preach the word, nevertheless.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

@darkspilver: Spot on. You are right.

The Searcher:

You stated that the listed 8 points changed in 2013, however, if i recall, the first 4 points in the list reversed before 1996, even before this forum started. The first was changed in 1969 and the rest three in 1995.

The next 4 points are not different 'truths', but the revision of just one scripture Matt 24:45-47.

I can understand what you are trying to say, but before inviting the readers to research on these points, it would be good if you provide the accurate points.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Before I stopped going I professed to being one of the anointed. I guess I could go back and if they tried to df me I could use the no evil slave argument, lol.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    Dubstepped: "You will know the truth and the truth will change"! Haha, love it, shall have to use it, sums it all up quite nicely.
    Scratchme1010: " alternative realities"....

another good one, I don't see how the GB get away with all this crap!

Phizzy: I view it as a new religion, and they must treat me like someone who has never heard of the JW's, and PROVE to me that what they now teach is " the truth". I pointed out to one of them that I could not be called an Apostate either, as I had never held the beliefs they now subscribe to.
    The last guy, a couple of weeks ago, I said to him, having just told him the above, " None of the Elders I have said this to have tried to prove the latest "truth" to me, and neither will you !"
    He just walked off saying he will see me "around".

And why won't they try to "prove it"? They can't, they don't even know themselves, but somehow, walking off, saying, "see ya" makes them feel very proud.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

DREARYWEATHER, I stand corrected. It appears that some reversals are older than 2013, while the rest were only revealed in July 2013:

5. The faithful & discreet Slave was appointed at Pentecost 33 C.E. (page 20, par 3) (changed to 1919)

6. The 'domestics' are only the anointed. (page 23, par 13) (up until 2013, only the 'anointed' were domestics)

7. There is an 'evil slave class'. (box on Page 24) ("evil slave class" became "hypothetical" in 2013)

8. Jesus appointed the FDS over all his belongings in 1919. (page 24, par 15,16) (changed until after the G.T.)

DARKSPILVER said, "Of course, 'The Searcher' is clever - see how Point 7 was slipped in.."

Since you are clearly in the dark about Point 7, I'll explain it simply: Up until 2013, the org has always taught J.W.'s that there was an "evil slave class." That "truth" was abandoned & reversed in 2013 - thanks to Christendom's statement that Jesus was speaking hypothetically. Clear?

Why are you trying to assert that a blatant corruption & reversal by the org (in 2013) is somehow a fallacy on my part? Very curious!

Please, in case nobody has realized..... DARKSPILVER appears to be quite bitter about something. Is he in reality an active Bethelite assigned to troll sites such as this? No more feeding from me.

• waton
    waton

8. Jesus appointed the FDS over all his belongings in 1919. (page 24, par 15,16) (changed until after the G.T.so

is wt saying that the "anointed GB" will retain the function of feeding in heaven? after they go to heaven before the GT? during their fighting as immortals at Armageddon?

I remember wt illustrations where they have the partakers strolling through the "new earth", directing the paradisefication proceedings! ha ha.

Searcher I thought you meant all reversals that happened before 2013. The anointed after Armageddon vascilation has happened several times.

• steve2
    steve2

This has to be one of the worst OPs ever on this forum - all in the name of spoofing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you were a J.W. before July 2013..................

Image result for Congratulations you're a wiener

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit