If you were a J.W. before July 2013..................

by The Searcher 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

....................then you couldn't have been "in the truth" nor was "the truth in you" until July 2013, because that month's Watchtower was dedicated to reversing the following 8 "truths" and replacing them with opposing "truths". You'd been believing and teaching falsehoods.

These are for any new members and those J.W.'s who visit here who have not seen this list before.

1. The Great Tribulation started in 1914 & ended in 1918. (page 3, par 3)

2. The judging of the sheep and goats began in 1914 (page 6, par 10)

3. Those who die before the Great Tribulation and have rejected the Kingdom message will not be resurrected. (page 6, par 10)

4. Charles Taze Russell preached "the truth" for decades - that all anointed were going to heaven in 1914. (page 12, par 8)

5. The faithful & discreet Slave was appointed at Pentecost 33 C.E. (page 20, par 3)

6. The 'domestics' are only the anointed. (page 23, par 13)

7. There is an 'evil slave class'. (box on Page 24)

8. Jesus appointed the FDS over all his belongings in 1919. (page 24, par 15,16)

Maybe it's worth researching some of the org's current "truths" for yourself.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Searcher told us, "...7. There is an 'evil slave class'. (box on Page 24)"

Excellent! SIGN ME UP!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Wasn't it Jesus that said you will know the truth, and the truth shall change, or something like that?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

"Alternative realities" is the hip way of calling their new truth.

I'd have slightly more respect for them if they admit that they were wrong. Instead they keep that ridiculous arrogance. They want to be right in everything and every time. That's what makes them look really stupid (aside form all that nonsense they preach).

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

We are the way, the truth, the light...who ever shalt believeth in us seven goblins shalt get to interpret the bible any which way they wanna...it shalt be deemed to be the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help us god..changing again into a virtual world of gullible goofs with gaping gobs gulping green goo given out by the gringotted, grinning , greenback swiping GB's gobsmacking guarantees of getting into the good life .

Forever. Amen!

• waton
    waton

1) in my early days, prediction was that the Gt started in 1914, was interrupted (GT interruptus) and would resume at Armageddon***, now overlappingly postponed possibly to 2075. ***

to allow the GC of OS to come "out" of, and not "survive"the GT as they teach wrongly now.

Why did wt not predict the overlap then? could have saved us so much grief. They can not even predict their own doings never mind "god's"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This has been exactly what I have said to a number of Elders over the last two or three years

The fact that as I have never been part of the religion as it is now, I view it as a new religion, and they must treat me like someone who has never heard of the JW's, and PROVE to me that what they now teach is " the truth". I pointed out to one of them that I could not be called an Apostate either, as I had never held the beliefs they now subscribe to.

The last guy, a couple of weeks ago, I said to him, having just told him the above, " None of the Elders I have said this to have tried to prove the latest "truth" to me, and neither will you !"

He just walked off saying he will see me "around".

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

......then you couldn't have been "in the truth" nor was "the truth in you" until July 2013, because that month's Watchtower was dedicated to reversing the following 8 "truths" and replacing them with opposing "truths". You'd been believing and teaching falsehoods.

I looked up both the July 1st and July 15th Watchtower and did not find the listed items. Is it possible that the mag, the month or the year is wrong?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Searcher I thought this was changed in 1970 . 'The Great Tribulation started in 1914 & ended in 1918. (page 3, par 3' am I wrong?

• kairos
    kairos

Study Article

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit