Children

by Freedom rocks 16 Replies latest social family

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Hi I haven't posted for a while but I have a question and would appreciate any advice offered.

I left the cult 2 years ago and I'm so happy now. I struggled at first and with the help of the lovely men and women on here I got stronger and started to find myself and ive grown as a person (I'm not being told who I am or who I should be anymore). I also actually have a life now and good friends.

Anyway my question is this. My ex is still a jw and feels it's his mission to indoctrinate our son as he grows. How can i counteract this? I seriously do not want him interested in being a jw.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi FR,

Do you share custody?

• hybridous
    hybridous

The LONG VIEW is all that matters.

If you can't control the day-to-day...

Then you must strive to influence the year-to-year

because THAT!

I assure you...is a contest the JW life cannot hope to win...in the mind of a teenager...

You simply must give every appearance of tolerance, open-mindedness, long-suffering....

while THEY bother themselves to afford NOTHING of the sort...

These 'differentials' will not go unnoticed in the minds of the young people...

• hybridous
    hybridous

Not for nothing, I think your SON is fantastically lucky to have you as a father!

You are here, asking for HELP, with your son's future in mind!

How old is your son?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

If you do not want him to fall into the grip of the cult, the word of God is your best weapon.

JW's openly admit that their doctrines are different than those of the 1st century ["unique to JW's"].... like Jesus only being the Mediator for the 144k and not for the rest of us. They say that this is because God has given them new light.

Read to your son Gal. 1: 8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

The Watchtower doctrine of new light is false. If the apostles didn't preach it, then it is FALSE, period... according to this verse.

Their gospel of life on a paradise earth is already believed by most Christians....the just don't call it "the paradise earth". They call it the Millennium Reign. It is in the future, not now.

Hope this helps.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

One make sure he stays in public school. Teach him all about science and nature. Show him example of humanity older then 6000 years. Show him trees older then the flood. Show him places like in Egypt older then the flood still there today. Show him examples of the crazy in the Bible and it will all come tumbling down.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

hybridous
    The poster is the mother not the father and the child she is worried about is about 3 years old
    Just to clarify my friend.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

F r

I`m pleased to hear you are getting along with leading a more normal life now and that you have good friends that are not conditional friends .

I`ll leave it up to more experienced ones here that can help you with the problem you raised .

take care.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

@Vanderhoven7 he lives with me, so I will have the main influence hopefully as he sees his dad irregularly. I'm looking for ideas for things I can do to have the bigger influence on him coz I know from experience how pushy jws are with the religion with their children. I'm dragging the day he comes back saying his dad says he'll die at armageddon if he doesn't become a witness.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

@Freedom Rocks, there is a man who has a Youtube channel who left the JWs, and in some of his videos, he talks about what he did to help his own children and the indoctrination that they had. His children are/were still fairly young. Here is one of his videos, but there are a few others where he talks about his own children. He might have some ideas for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbseKo5fpAY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit