General Amnesty For Disfellowshipped

by NotFormer 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Future GB: "Please come back! All is forgiven!"

Would it work? Would the current haemorrhageing be staunched, or at least slowed down?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Would you be the dog who returned to it's vomit?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Imagine the sheer hubris of the GB thinking it's us that's needs the forgiveness.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

You know NotFormer, its actually quite an interesting thought that could have some traction.

Imagine a WatchTower study articular discussing Disfellowshipping, introducing a comment like ... "should a disfellowshiped person be separated from the truth for some years, it is likely they have suffered immensely being in the world and are already in a repentfull condition. Like the prodigal son, should not an extraordinary measure of forgiveness by congregational Elders be shown, when they consider the nearness of the Great Tribulation" ... or words that effect.

Imagine all the parents of disfellowshiped children that night, they'd be hot on the phone to their wayward kids.

Tie this all to confidential letter the body of Elders ... and boom ... an easy in.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

There have been a few times in the past where a special effort has been made to get people to return to Jehovah. Elders have been asked to contact all who have left.

We know the branch read all these sites so yes this could put the idea to the GB, especially now with the two new more lenient members.

Have some new light on those who have left, just like the prodigal son. I can imagine one of them coming out with “In times last we have not talked to these ones, is that really the right thing to do?” “We can’t be dogmatic we just don’t know”

what these ones need is love, and understanding and show them how pleased Jehovah will be if they return to him just like the prodigal son.

No zombie I love this, I hope this suggestion Gets to the new GB

WatchTower study articular discussing Disfellowshipping, introducing a comment like ... "should a disfellowshiped person be separated from the truth for some years, it is likely they have suffered immensely being in the world and are already in a repentfull condition. Like the prodigal son, should not an extraordinary measure of forgiveness by congregational Elders be shown, when they consider the nearness of the Great Tribulation" ... or words that effect.

Imagine all the parents of disfellowshiped children that night, they'd be hot on the phone to their wayward kids.

Tie this all to confidential letter the body of Elders ... boom ... an easy in.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Message to those in Bethel service desk lurking on here.

The reinstatement process needs to be made easier.

Its too long and too difficult and the elders have too much power.

An easy solution to stem the bleeding and have a little blood transfusion (excuse the illustration) is to have it easy for someone to return. All they need to say is that they are sorry and that is enough, don’t have elder’s decided if they are really sorry or not.

This same new light should apply before someone is announced as disfellowshiped, if they say they are sorry that is enough. Don’t give power to elders to decide if they are genuine or not.

I remember stories of Elders where power went to their head and asked different ones to jump through hoops to show they were really sorry. Giving up jobs, moving to other areas or travelling far to old congregations for several months sitting at the back not being allowed to talk to anyone. This was a power trip for the elders. This madness needs to stop.

One sister I know was so finding it hard being shunned by family and friends she said I will do whatever it takes to be reinstated. She had to travel a long way after work to this other congregation where she was dissed. Even then it took about a year of sitting at the back not talking to anyone and feeling shame and made to feel dirty and unvalued.

No wonder there is such a high case of suicide. No wonder the recent changes in the Elders book not to diss someone if they may be suicidal.

Next change should be so simple, if they say they are sorry that is enough. Either before or after dissed. This should stem the bleeding and put a bit of blood back in.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    to get people to return to Jehovah

why return to something that doesnt exist ?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

An amnesty for all d/fd ? No chance ! For a start it would be unscriptural and just think of the effect on the faithful who have been wronged…

However, in this time of them revisiting beliefs and procedures, maybe a loosening of the demands on family to shun them .. just treat as non Witnesses….. maybe?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Do you know....in all the years I've been in/read/listened to/watched various exJW or JW sites, I don't think I've actually come across this suggestion!

I can imagine the GB helpers reading this and saying "By george! I think (s)he's got it!"

With all the recent changes, I could actually see this, with something like Elderberry's scenario happening🤔 They are deluded enough to think it will work...

Definitely taking it out of power tripping elders hands iss a must as a first step. All these pedo's proves for all time they don't have holy spirit. A simple I'm sorry should suffice.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

If the Governing Body only let you, me and the rest of the guys on this forum onto the Writing Committee, we might just be able to produce a halfway decent religion out of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit