New book: The Four Presidents of the Watch Tower Society

by Dogpatch 25 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Randy. Thanks for the heads up.

Too bad about the author and the informants.

We all know and understand why, but dubs of course will point to it as unsubstantiated, and lies.

And of course if the author and informants revealed their identities, they would DF them, ostracize their remaining family, and ..... point to it as unsubstantiated and lies.

xjw-b12

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I will surely order it. But I would have appreciated a chapter about Henschel & the current guys.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sounds like a must-buy -- thankyou Randy

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

GermanJW,

I will surely order it. But I would have appreciated a chapter about Henschel & the current guys.

Me, too. Although Henschel wasn't all that interesting, as far as I could tell. The title of the book is a bit odd, as it implies there never were more than 4. (Technically, Charles Taze Russell was the Second President, and Henschel would have been the 6th, since Russell had actually founded the Society but had first appointed another man as President before him.) Gamaliel

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I think he left out Henschel because he really had very little part in the politics, unlike Knorr and the others. Maybe a book about Don Adams would be nice! :-))

Randy

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

ok, well i'll ask this question again for those that missed my previous thread about it, what is the 'mystery doctrine'?

• willyloman
    willyloman

What a shame this has to be written anonymously; as someone pointed out, it will be depreciated by JW critics as a result, in much the same way writers on this board have taken to task the WTS for its own anonymously-written publications and bible translation.

In addition, the misleading title (why not: The First Four...? or the "founding presidents"?) implies a sophomoric editing/publishing approach. It would be sad if all these personal, significant insights into the WTS history are relegated to the bargain bin because of these shortcomings. Oh, WE'll read it. But will anyone else?

• garybuss
    garybuss

When is Penton's new book due? Anyone? GaryB

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Randy - looks like intersting reading. Possibly something that is not concentrating to doctrine so possibly will be more 'readable' by JWs - despite the claims that they don't follow people, most are fascinated by any info about the presidents of the org.

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Thanks.

I believe that some points can be classed as pure sensationalism but anything that turns people away from the Jehovah's Witnesses is good enough for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit