240 'Lands'

by Jeffro 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Also, they don't know where Christmas Island is.

According to the map in the latest Yearbook™, Christmas Island is in the Pacific Ocean. But that island (officially, Kiritimati Island) is a minor Island that is part of Kiribati.

Christmas Island () is an Australian territory (used for tormenting asylum seekers) located in the Indian Ocean. It is also renowned for the crabs that annually migrate across the island by the thousands.

Silly Watch Tower Society. Although in their defense, they are an American religion, so 'countries that aren't America' probably isn't their specialty.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Are they preaching in Syria? They could really use the "good news" in Syria! And I think that East Los Angeles considered a separate land also. How about Detroit? Those are some dangerous places that need the "good news".

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

eyeuse2badub:

Are they preaching in Syria? They could really use the "good news" in Syria! And I think that East Los Angeles considered a separate land also. How about Detroit? Those are some dangerous places that need the "good news".

They did previously report 'activity' in Syria (along with various other countries they won't admit to being in). On cursory examination, 1986 seems to be the last year reported.

Detroit?! You've got to be kidding. Way too dangerous!

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Jeffro: As always, amazing analysis!
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    They are still counting "lands" from the 5 century BCE, as well as the Land of Oz
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

For comparison, this is taken from the SDA 2014 Statistics: (notice "recognized" by the UN and Languages)

Countries and Areas of the World as Recognized by the United Nations237
    Countries and Areas of the World in Which Seventh-day Adventist Work is Established216
    Languages Used in Seventh-day Adventist Publications and Oral Work947

https://www.adventist.org/en/information/statistics/article/go/-/seventh-day-adventist-world-church-statistics-2014/

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The ten most dangerous countries for Christians Laos, Uzbekistan, Iraq, Yemen,

Maldives, Somalia, Saud, Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran and North Korea.

I wonder do Jehovah know about these countries..

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

the girl next door:

For comparison, this is taken from the SDA 2014 Statistics: (notice "recognized" by the UN and Languages)

Countries and Areas of the World as Recognized by the United Nations 237

Without a list of what 'areas' they're referring to, it's not especially helpful. The SDA church has significantly more members than JWs, but because they are not a publishing company first (as is the JW corporation), you tend to hear less from them.

Languages Used in Seventh-day Adventist Publications and Oral Work 947

Their web page is a bit naff though. Where does one find their content in these 947 languages (more than JWs apparently)? Although having similar Adventist origins to JWs and just as ridiculous end-times beliefs, it's not as though the inaccessibility is a great loss to the world.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Not to go off subject but I noticed when I clicked on the link from thegirlnextdoor's link one the seventh day adventist they actually declare the total contributions annually they received. WT doesn't do that. They are not transparent.
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Semi off topic, but anytime I hear "lands" now regarding JWs, I think of Angus Stewart

Love how he cracked on the witnesses with a smirk on his face over their stupid usage of "lands"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit