H2O and all that ...PLEASE READ!!!!!

by Jang 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Jang
    Jang

Folks, I know some of you feel a little peeved with the old H2o but I don't think you have been fair to the new one. There is and will be a different attitude there and I have been assured of this by both Rick and FD2.

I would like to encourage everyone here to cross post on H2O in the various forums ...

Let's make as many places as we can available for those who need support and questions answered .... theo nly wat to do that is let your past animosities go and think of those coming behind you.

If you have problems there then there is a forum you can post your complaints to and suggestiosn on what needs changing ..

I just feel with the number of people here who could help those who come into H2O (and Tishies board0 that we need to reach out a little more ....

Go over and try it out folks and support others there too .........

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=311102

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Francois
    Francois

Screw me once, shame on you.

Screw me twice...

ft

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Jan said:
    I just feel with the number of people here who could help those who come into H2O (and Tishies board0 that we need to reach out a little more ....

this just smacks of the same preachy mentality we had as dubs. As if we have some salvation message we need to be hawking around the internet.

I thought these were discussion boards, not preachment boards. Why should people be urged to go places where they have been shat upon? To play do-gooder? Ick!

If you want to troll all the message boards for souls to 'help' feel free, Jan. Make yourself a nice comprehensive web site for your endless articles, and post your urls everywhere, register with search engines, do your thing. But please don't tell everyone else to go where you go, do what you do, make your priorities ours. YOU may 'need' to reach out a little more. If you feel that way, REACH!

But don't tell us WE have to reach in the direction you tell us. Where and how and IF I 'reach out' is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

• Jang
    Jang

MD ... your lack of Prozac is shining through .... hope you can get some soon.

Meanwhile, I am more concerend about those who look for these boards like you and others did once.

Whether or not I am on them is not relevant ..... after all, each breath we take is a bonus - especially you and I with our ability to take falls and do damage ot ourselves

MD .... get past your animosity please and see to the needs of those who need support from ALL of us ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and thousands like you were lucky .... you were able to find support ...... thousands of us floundered for years without it and it damned near drove us to suicide thoughts ..... I have thousands of letters stored here that show what it has been like for those who didn't get support until some of us went public

The one thing I am ever so thankful for is the internet ...... no one has to suffer the pain so many others went through

The more active boards the better ......

JanG

• Seeker
    Seeker

I don't cross-post; feels too preachy for my taste. Why should I assume that everyone would want to read my stuff?

No, when I was looking, I saw many boards with JW info. I settled on H2O. Someone looking today has many boards to choose from. They can settle on H2O if that is what appeals to them, or settle here if this is what appeals to them. Variety appeals to various persons. If you make every place the same, you lose variety and thus you lose people.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Jan,

I can understand where you are coming from but sometimes it can feel that "we" are just taking on old roles of being preachy.

Not only that, but if we post to as many boards as we possibly can it will become our life's work.
    Many of us have jobs and familys to care for; we are not "all" healed ourselves.

I think that is what MD was trying to express; some of us do not feel we wish to become almost another religion in our own right.

You are correct about the internet being wonderful....but I did not have the internet when I came out as neither did many others.
    At the end of the day it is up to ourselves as individuals. Once you turn off the puter....you're alone.

Base-line, Jan...that's the truth.

La Donna Ana
    ps...my posts aren't that interesting either

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

MD .... get past your animosity please and see to the needs of those who need support from ALL of us ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

See, here you are, again, TELLING me to see to the needs of those who need support.

My 'animosity' is directed toward your preachifying at message boards that are for discussion, not instruction; my animosity is to your insistence that unless we are all high-profile pushy preachers of the New Improved Gospel of Anti-Cultism and Recovery Therefrom, we are somehow doing wrong.

When people need my support, they ask me for it. I've made my testimonies and contributions at ex-JW and countercult sites. When a hurting soul contacts me I do my utmost to help ease their path. What I don't do is cruise the Internet looking for them, the virtual equivalent of taking bologna sandwiches to the homeless on Skid Row. I'm not a missionary. I have no religion to sell, not even a secular recovery religion.

Your periodic exhortations for all of us to follow your sterling example and 'do more for the cause' are part of your missionary complex. Do what you like, but don't keep telling us we have to follow your chosen path.

• Seeker
    Seeker

In fact, I'll go so far as to say it is a rare JW who can be forced to see the point. Those who leave do so because they are ready to examine the issues. If you force them to examine the issues before they are ready, their defenses go up and they crawl even deeper back to their hole.

Yes, anecdotally we can come up with examples of JWs who were preached to and they listened and left the organization. But the majority are like those of us here: we got to a point in our lives where we sought information, and we found it.

Each person has to decide for him- or herself what to do with their lives. If they choose to live in a cult, it's their choice and I respect that. If they choose to learn about that cult, and seek information, well that's what I'm here for.

But I'll never be a preacher again. It's a system that fails for JWs, and it's a system that is a big turnoff for ex-JWs. Been there, done that, didn't work the first time.

(Again, I know that some will jump in with anecdotes of people who were helped by preaching. I say that people will, in their own good time, seek information when they are ready for it. The Net is everywhere, the information is already out there, they will find it when they are ready.)

• Jang
    Jang

I am not talking about everyone posting everything on the other boards .... but there are articles posted here that could be posted over there that would help others ....

The stuff from Silent Lambs could be posted over there .....

The stuff Amazing has been posting could have been posted over there

Lots of things like that would help those who are coming through ....

MD ..... you mightn't want to read the stuff I post, then don't. There are plenty here and on other boards who do read it and if they don't reply publicly their thanks they write me privately ..... the number of those as against the few who don't appreciate the information cause you have already been-there-done-that is what I take notice of.

JanG

• Farkel
    Farkel

Seeker:

: But I'll never be a preacher again. It's a system that fails for JWs, and it's a system that is a big turnoff for ex-JWs. Been there, done that, didn't work the first time.

Amen, brother!

JanG,

: The stuff from Silent Lambs could be posted over there .....

: The stuff Amazing has been posting could have been posted over there

: Lots of things like that would help those who are coming through ....

Or, people like you could just post links over here for that stuff. It saves effort on the poster's part and it saves storage on the computer's part.
    It makes it easier for the poster to defend his/her arguments in one place rather than many. As has been stated, most of us don't have time to post on more than one board and defend our ideas on more than one board.

I'm sure if people on H20 posted links to here on a regular basis, the few that are over there would say to themselves, "What am I doing here? All the good stuff is elsewhere," and leave.

Rick made it quite clear that he didn't want the "likes of me" on his board. He got his wish. In spades. Everyone left, not just me.

The gist of what Francoise said is to ask why should we subject ourselves to abuse from a neurotic board owner any more?

Rick's big mistake was to assume that his board thrived because of him and his stupid FPP. Boards thrive because of the people on them. He didn't manage his board properly and quite unlike Simon here didn't nurture and encourage posters like myself. To him I was more like an "enemy" than a partner. I took enough abuse from the WTS. I ain't a gonna take anymore from Rick or anyone else.

Rick and I made our peace not long ago. Although he did take a few pot-shots at me after that. Some of his pot-shots finally landed squarely on his foot.

Farkel, who wishes he was as nice as Mommie Dark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit