If conservative GB members died tonight, would there be real change?

by stillajwexelder 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Governing body members
    Theodore Jaracz,
    John Barr, Carey Barber, Albert Schroeder,
    Steven Lett, Gerrit Lösch, Guy Pierce, David Splane, Daniel Sydlik, Samuel Herd I have organized the GB members deliberately this way. These days I do not think anybody on this board truly knows who are liberals/reformers and who are conservative die-hards .Let us assume that Jaracz is in charge as I think most would agree on that. Let us wave our magic wand and assume Jaracz dies peacefully in his sleep tonight and that the elderly and conservative Barr, Barber, Schroeder, do also ? do you all really think there would be any significant change. To get where they are they all have to be WTBTS loyalists - -so my question is simply ? Even if the conservatives and Jaracz were to die of tonight ? would there be any change?? IMHO there still would not be.

• dustyb
    dustyb

depends. if they all died at once the JW's would say it a sign. if they died off gradually (which they will because they are in their late 80's and early 90's), it'll be a sign to the JW's that this organization is fake. i think the org is actually goign to burn themselves out from age....

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Let us wave our magic wand and assume Jaracz dies peacefully in his sleep tonight and that the elderly and conservative Barr, Barber, Schroeder, do also ?

Ummm, you planning on doing something?

Devon

• sf
    sf
    If conservative GB members died tonight, would there be real change?

In which dusty replies:

depends.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

A 'CHANGE'....'depends'? Get it? LOLOLOLOLOL....

Ted dying in his sleep tonight? That would be a fantasy dream. A lucid dream worth 'noting' asap. But the biggest dream would be to WITNESS Ted getting his 'justice deserved' in front of the world. And for the WT to fall once and for all.

Did I ever share my dream about Jaracz and Rumsfeld? Maybe someday I will.

sKally

• yesidid
    yesidid

I would think it highly probable that TJ could yet live many more years. He is only 78. That is not old for a GB member. They often live to their late nineties. It cannot be their good conscience it must be their coddled existence.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Only if it's in Armageddon or they think it's Armageddon.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think yer whistling in the dark to think the Governing Body is directing anything. Do you think all 13 unanimously agreed to resign on October 7, 2000? Me thinks they are now nothing more than decoys. I think as far as publishing and policy, they don't carry any weight at all anymore. I don't think they even have control of their own roll or position.

Here are your real policy makers.

Don A. Adams, Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant, Richard E. Abrahamson, Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk, Max H. Larson, George M. Couch, Lonnie R. Schilling, Gerald F. Simonis, Gerald D. Grizzle, David G. Sinclair, Robert M. Pevy, William L. Van De Wall, Charles I. Woody, Leon Weaver, Jr., William H. Nonkes, Harold K. Jackson, Merton V. Campbell, Stanley F. Weigel, Patrick J. LaFranca, Peter D. Molchan, Ralph E. Walls, Joseph D. Mercante, Marvin G. Smalley, Kenneth J. Pulcifer, Eugene D. Rosam, Jr., Harold L. Corkern, Alan D. Janzen, Robert L. Butler, Alexander W. Reinmueller, James F. Mantz, Jr., Thomas Kalimeris, Alan G. Browning, Charles V. Molohan, James L. Bauer, J. Richard Brown, Alan K. Flowers, Allen E. Shuster, David L. Walker, Vernon C. Wisegarver, Leonard R. Pearson, Alejandro G. Rodriguez, Maurice C. Turcot, Mark L. Questell, Jim Moody, Sr., Anselm J. Packnett, Donald R. Krebs, Charles J. Rice, Kent E. Fischer, Robert L. Rains, Albert L. Harrell, John R. Strandberg, Samuel D. Buck, Louis A. Travis . . . . .

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I know fo few of these names growing up in the City and serving in Bethel and I can say that these guys are MUCH worst than the current GB members. These guys are much more interested in power and the controlling of members of lives than teachings and "new light". Ralph Walls who when I was in Bethel in 1987 was the building overseer of 360 Furman St. is nothing but a snake in the grass who is a cold hearted fart. Sam Buck on the other hand is a very quiet meek like person who my Father remembers as newbie bethelite in the 1950's. I was assigned to his table when I first was assigned in Bethel and like many heavies is not very talktitive to the lower grunts. I guess he earns that right with over 60 years seerving in Bethel.

Watch a bunch of Pharisees.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Do you think all 13 unanimously agreed to resign on October 7, 2000? Me thinks they are now nothing more than decoys. I think as far as publishing and policy, they don't carry any weight at all

I agree with garybuss. What we had with all the members of the GB resigning at once signalled a power shift back to the corporations. The person who controls the printing press controls what direction the borg will go in.Having said that I do believe that GB members such as T.J. still have lots of clout but that should be seen less as time goes on.

• Amazing
    Amazing

I don't believe that they have motivation to change. Even the most conservative diehards will chnage when faced with hard reality ... however, the good news is that hard reality in the courtrooms is on the way ... and if some justice prevails, then maybe a window of time will open up some change. - Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit